Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

possible to replace sim with nano sim?

johnblake99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I recentely purchased a pay as you go Vodafone sim card (standard size / micro) but as I also bought another phone, I'd like to know if - as a 'pay as you go' customer - can I get my current sim card replaced with a nano sim card and still keep my number? If so, what would the requirements/fees be for such a change?

Thank you,

Cristian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You can have your number and tariff only on one SIM card at a time. 

So pop to a Vodafone shop and ask them to sim swap from your micro SIM card to a Nano SIM card. Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours occasionally. 

So what you could do is have your tariff and sim on a nano SIM card and pick up a plastic SIM card adapter from the Vodafone shop. You can then sit this in the adapted to make it a micro SIM card sized when you want to. 

Youd only be able to use one phone at a time tho. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

You can have your number and tariff only on one SIM card at a time. 

So pop to a Vodafone shop and ask them to sim swap from your micro SIM card to a Nano SIM card. Takes from a few minutes to approx 24 hours occasionally. 

So what you could do is have your tariff and sim on a nano SIM card and pick up a plastic SIM card adapter from the Vodafone shop. You can then sit this in the adapted to make it a micro SIM card sized when you want to. 

Youd only be able to use one phone at a time tho. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you!

Yeah, I don't need to use the micro SIM afterwards, so just having/using the nano is fine.

Thanks again, Cheers!

You're welcome. 

When the shop processes the sim swap you'll know it's begun when Service stops on your existing SIM card.

When this happens turn your new phone off with new SIM card in On and Off every 30 minutes or so to help the process along. 

Current Phone  >