Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

16mb in 1 minute

O2alltheway
3: Seeker
Please someone advise me how it's possible I've been billed £120 for using less than 60 seconds worth of data which Vodafone have said has amounted to 16mb?
11 REPLIES 11

O2alltheway
I've been passed around what seems the entire Vodafone "customer service" department. I use that would very lightly because they beyond anything that resembles customer service. Lies after lies after lies, no one ever calls me back when I ask for a call back, I can never speak to anyone of higher level i.e. Managers , supervisors.
There's never anyone seemingly in the uk that I can speak to. Get told same old scripted responses, never anyone who genuinely listens to a complaint , never anyone who can do anything about it.
Already advised I will be escalating to Ofcom and never get a response back.

Literally the worse customer service and mobile provider I've ever had the misfortune of being in a contract with

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @O2alltheway

16mb equals 0.016 of a GB and you certainly should not have been charged £120.00. Iphones are known for being data intensive and 16mb is minimal.  

The best thing to do is to wait for the Team here to get to the thread, they will be able to access your account and find out what exactly happened.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

May I ask which phone your using ?

Some phones have inbuilt data monitors whichnshke what's used what. 

Am I reading right. £120 for 16mb or should that be 16Gb ?

My Vodafone shows how much has been used. 

Unfortunately Vodafone can only say how much has been used but not on what on. 

We have a Vodafone Team on the forum that can help people too. Please hang in there for them to catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

O2alltheway
No it's MB!!!!!!! I am using iPhone 6s.

It's physically impossible but according to the ever so unhelpful customer service team it's correct and your data charges are inline with your competitors

I've never heard something so stupid

Needless to say I've cancelled my DD until this issue is resolved

Was this for usage in the UK. 

16mb for  £120.00 !

I must point out that cancelling your direct debit which leaves Vodafone no way to collect payment can have severe ramifications. Such as defaults and late payment markers placed on your Credit file which last for 6 years causing difficulty in applying for finance or credit. 

It's much easier to obtain a refund than it is having a default removed. 

Current Phone  >

O2alltheway
I've already escalated to Ofcom
I am sick and tired of going around in circles with Vodafone who are quick to take money but less so at refunds

Appreciate your upset and feeling let down. 

However could you shed some more light on some particulars. 

Was this Data usage in the U.K and if not which country?

What have Customer services advised thus far as to why they believe the usage and costs are correct?

Current Phone  >

O2alltheway
It's not the useage that is the issue, it's the £120 charge that has come with it.
Vodafone tell me the costs are very competitive , well you only have to look at what EE and O2 charge to prove they not.
I've escalated the complaint to both Sarah Green and it's been raised to OfCom.
I've gone through in great detail the complaint a series of 8 times, spoke to 13 different people all of who I had to repeat the entire complaint again.
I've had text messages and Twitter responses from people a Vodafone yet still when I call I'm unable to ever speak to the same person twice.
It's relevant now as the complaint has gone on for too long. I've already made Ofcom aware that Vodafone have left me no choice but to cancel my DD until this issue is resolved. I will not be paying a penny to Vodafone as I've said time after time.
I never pay for anything on credit that's why I can afford to take this risk. If it ends up in court than so be it, I've got a strong case that I'm building against Vodafone. I've got evidence to back up my complaint every step of the way.
No longer can Vodafone keep offering out gestures of good wil at £20 a time - issues need to be resolved to the customer satisfaction , not to vodafones satisfaction.
Sadly this has gone way too far and the level of appliance from Vodafone is just beyond any sort of normality.
If you wish to speak to me I'll happily receive a call , but gone have the hours I've spent ringing Vodafone , not to mention letter writing , emails etc
It's being dealt with I believe by the right channels who will take on my complaint and handle this with Vodafone directly

Ok @O2alltheway

Then as a fellow customer I wish you all the best. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >