cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account paid up early in full now Vodafone given me bad credit rating!

baxterbox
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Please can someone contact me?! I finished my contract 11 months early,paid £198 over the phone,given a payment reference number,assured this was my final payment and my account now closed. I didn't receive confermation  in writing as I requested!

i was then contacted out of the blue by a debt collection company saying I owe Vodafone a payment of £78! I then contacted Vodafone who then insisted I owed a further £78 due to early termination and discounted monthly contract.

Many phone calls later the issue was still not resolved,Vodafone have not answered a recorded delivery letter trying to sort this out.

The debt collection agency told me they would contact Vodafone on my behalf but I have heard nothing from them either.

This has resulted in giving me a bad credit rating which I want resolved.

Can someone from Vodafone help please?

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @baxterbox

I appreciate and understand how damaging a default and or marker can be ,and the difficulty in having one removed from a Credit File.

Did you leave your Direct Debit in place ?

When a person pays their Account up early and pays the Early Termination Fee Vodafone then would send the very final bill by post in approx 2-4 weeks. This is then taken by Direct Debit which is why it's important to leave it in place. If applicable any refunds are then applied. 

Vodafone then send a Sorry Your Leaving Letter and £0 Bill which then confirms Account Cancellation. 

Unfortunatley at the stage of Vodafone not being able to collect payment by Direct Debit then they can and will engage a Debt Collection Agency and apply a Default on a persons Credit File that remains for 6 years. 

I would first suggest to pay this outstanding amount so that the Default then shows as Settled. If Vodafone has made a mistake then they would refund this. 

I'm assuming the Debt Collection Agency has passed the Debt back to Vodafone. 

It's important to speak with Customer service first to clear up why this has happened before the Credit File Support Team can help. Below in Bold is a help guide I have written which explains which department to ask your case to be referred to - i.e 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add your own notes up to 200 words on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing. It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied. Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly.

Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

To add, The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help,much appreciated.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox

You're welcome.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi, I filled in the form but have heared nothing from Vodafone.

Previous attempts to sort out this problem were met by deaf ears so im not surprised.

I would be grateful if you could give me one more final option before I get some legal advice as i am not impressed by vodafones attempts to charge me £22 per month for a £18 per month contract when i said i am leaving and ignoring  recored delivery letters, then having the audacity to get debt collectors on the case and giving me a bad credit mark to boot.

All this after paying the £198 they said I owed.

Many thanks.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox We've not received an email from the registered email address on your Community account. 

When you submit the form, you'll get an automated response to say that we've received your email, this will contain a unique reference number (#12345678).

If you've had a reference number from us, please post it in reply to this thread, if not, please re-submit the form as we won't have had your email through. 

I've sent you another private message with details on how to get in touch. :smileyhappy:

Alex...I have sent the form for a third time and all i recieve is `thank you for your email,we will be in touch`.? There is no confirmation number.

Cheers 

hrym

I haven't used this route for a while, but there used to be a routing code that you need to put in the subject box, with no spaces and no other text.  The code will be in the instructions.   Are you doing that?

Hi

yes I put the code in and have filled the form out three times now. I don't get a ref: number just a thank you and we will be in touch.

Not to worry,leopards and spots and all that.

cheers.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@baxterbox

If you've followed the steps provided on the link, you'll definately receive a reference number. This may appear in your spam/junk folder.