Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CAN NOT ACCESS THE VODAFONE WEBSITE

JamesL
4: Newbie

To the eForum Tech Team or anyone else who can help

I do not understand why I can not access the vodafone website using my BT home hub but can using my vodafone prepay dongle?

I mean it can not be my computer that is at fault or the Internet connection I am receiving because if that was the case then I could not access any website at all regardless of whether I was using my BT home hub or my vodafone prepay dongle or anything else that I could use to connect to the Internet but this is just not the case as the only problem I am receiving is from www.vodafone.co.uk although like I said before I can still access this from my vodafone dongle but only the dongle and since I used to be able to access the website two or three weeks ago from my BT home Hub why I can not do it now is a real puzzel to me that I hope anyone who reads this can answer?

JamesL

109 REPLIES 109

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I use the Bt Home Hub 5 and am able to access the site.

Im using Safari on my iPad and Google Chrome on my MacBook Air. 

Have you perhaps tried resetting your hub ? 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply but I have tried to reset my BT Hub3 two or three times all to no avail

JamesL

BandOfBrothers

Perhaps try a different browser. 

Also look to clearing your Caches / cookies / temporary files  and Website Data 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

YES I know all about trying a different browser because as well as using Googlechrome which is my default browser I have also tried Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (Edge) all still to no avail but as I have told you before this is all about using the wifi signal I am receiving from my BTHub3-3MR home hub after which I switched to using my prepay USB 3765 dongle from vodafone and apart from being a little slow to load I have no problem at all connecting not only to the vodafone website but my vodafone account as well.

JamesL 

Is there a solution to this? I have had the same problem since Friday. I am using a BT Home Hub4. Vodafone.co.uk is the only website I cannot connect to.

JamesL
Thank you very much 45dae for your reply as I was beginning to think that I was the only Vodafone customer with this problem because the very fact that you are having the exact same problem as me proves to me that the problem is with www.vodafone.co.uk and not my computer or internet connection as I was beginning to think it was although I am still puzzeled why I can still access it from my prepay dongle even if only from that?
JamesL

Thanks JamesL for your reply. I was hoping by now there would be a solution. I am using Windows 10. I cannot access vodafone.co.uk from any of my browsers i.e. Windows Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome. Even this forum webpage is not displaying properly - probably because it needs to access images that I can no longer access. Vodafone.co.uk suddenly would not give me access some time during the day on Friday. Although it was very slow, I had visited it successfully earlier in the day. My virus checker is AVG. I am using the Windows Firewall. Can anyone from Vodafone help? Please?

David

JamesL
Thanks for your reply David
And like I said before in my previous posts I can still access the website from my prepay dongle and also my Kindle Fire (although it takes forever to load) but my computer using wifi from my BTHub3-3MR home hub forget it as it just keeps saying website not available and of course I still don't know why so just like you I wish someone from the Vodafone tech team would read these posts both from me and you to answer our questions?
JamesL

I have done nothing at my end to change anything - apart from switching off, rebooting and restarting everything, to no avail, before I reported the problem. It would appear now, however, I can once again access www.vodafone.co.uk. I am not sure when this happened as yesterday, I was too busy to check. Whatever the problem was, as to why I could not access this one website,  and whatever the solution has been remains a mystery to me. I cannot, therefore, offer any suggestion to anyone who may have the same problem in the future as to how they might resolve it!