Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelation fees

newto901
1: Seeker
Why am I receiving letters about unpaid cancelation fees when I have already paid. I am now living abroad. U have no email and it's expensive to call home. I spent over an hour canceling this at home and the service I recieved was atrocious. Immediate response please as you have threatened me with debt collectors in the next 14 days!
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @newto901

When a person decides to end their contract when full term has been reached then Vodafone require 30 days notice. 

They then send the final bill by post in 2-4 weeks and Collect payment via Direct Debit. Link > When-will-I-receive-my-final-bill.

Then they send a £0 Bill and Sorry your leaving letter which confirms everything is settled and cancelled. 

To note - If a person decides to end their contract before its end date then Vodafone can charge an Early Termination Fee. 

"The Early Termination Fee is the total amount of line rental outstanding for the remainder of the contract, without VAT, and less a 2% rebate.This figure will be calculated on the price prior to any discounts."

Link > Vodafone and cancel-account.

Vodafone do not have an email for General Account Enquiries as they need to take a person through Security Protocols to access their account. 

As this involves billing and Vodafone asking for payment then I would strongly suggest you check your Credit File to see if any late payment markers or defaults which last 6 years have been applied. Http://www.experian.co.uk 

You could try using Live Chat to speak with Customer Services although this service is primarily for use within the Uk. 

Other forms of contacting vodafone are in > contact-us.

A good tip if abroad is : If possible download the Skype app and add perhaps £3.99 credit to call from that.
The number that is suggested to use is +44 333 304  191

I hope the above information has been of some help and you manage to resolve your issues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @newto901

That's not good to hear. We'll need to check the account to see what's happening. 

Please get in touch with us, following the instructions on the 

private message that we've sent to you. 

Thanks,