Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot get Proof of Purchase

sheepdemon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've spoken to the POP team through the web form 3 times now, and customer service through web chat twice.  Every POP request is denied as "they can only supply proof of purchase if I am making an insurance claim" and both times I spoke to customer support they told me they would send me something "within 10 - 15 minutes" which never arrived.

I'm trying to set up insurance for my phone and my insurer requires POP, I am not making a claim at the moment however,

Before it's asked - there is nothing in my junkmail folder.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

They should be be able to provide you this. 

Have you tried filling out the online request form. 

How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage-or-barring.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes, this is the form I have filled in 3 times and been told "no".

This is the email I received

And I've contacted the customer care team as requested in the mail twice, and both times been told I will get a mail with the details within 10 - 15 minutes.  And no email has been received.

BandOfBrothers

Ah ok. 

Was the phone supplied by Vodafone directly ?

Are any of the directives in the email relevant.

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes it was purchased from a Vodafone store.  And no, as stated its required for a insurance contract I am setting up, not an insurance claim.

I no longer have the original receipt or airtime contract, hence needing a replacement.

I have also had this issue - I have requested proof of purchase 3 times on line and get the same message back saying:

Thank you for your email.

Thanks for requesting proof of purchase. Unfortunately this team is only able to provide documents to support an insurance claim – please accept our apologies.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge  Gear Fit2 reward
If you’re trying to claim your Gear Fit2 from Samsung - all you’ll need is the receipt from when you purchased your phone. This will vary depending on where you purchased your phone from:

I don't understand why this is happening as I don't have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  I was then told to go in store which I did but they said they are not able to issue PoP and they get loads of people coming in asking for them but there is nothing they can do - I suspected this would happen but took the time to go to the shop just in case they could help.  I know if I phone again they will just fill in the online form again.  I cannot claim on my insurance without this document and I am at my wits end (as per usual with Vodafone - usually end up in tears of frustration every time there is an issue).

Can someone please help?  At the moment I am paying for a phone which is broken and for insurance on which I cannot claim due to Vodafone's shortcomings.  HELP!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ppmh103 I'm sorry to hear that - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sheepdemon

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Once you've followed the steps on the link, we'll happily look into this for you.