Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant receive calls and text

Mencak
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hello, I cant receive calls and text in roaming. When I call somebody, is ok, but they cant contact me. I try to change phone, restart phone, turn on mobile data but still nothing happend. Im in Slovakia now so I need to make some calls or send sms. Do you have any solutions? Thank you very much.
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you try manually choosing another network in the phones settings. 

Also check your online myvodafone to ensure no roaming bars are in place and roaming is on. 

Can you try another phone with your sim card in. 

It's possible the network itself is having its own issues and understandably Vodafone cannot guarantee service whilst roaming. 

An alternative if your phone allows any sim card is to use a local one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Mencak

If you are roaming have incoming but no outgoing calls, there will be an outgoing restriction on your account.  Ideally, it is always worth contacting Vodafone to make sure roaming is fully enabled before leaving the UK.

This is going to need account access to check for any bars.  This can be done by calling Vodafone from any other phone using the number for calling from overseas.

If you have Wi-Fi access, it might be worth checking your online account for bars.

BandOfBrothers

To add...

Live Chat is primarily for use while within the UK but has also been known to work while abroad so is on my opinion worth checking. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.