Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connecting phone when abroad

allyboy01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I arrived in Tenerife yesterday and my mobile will not connect to a local network. Would there be any advice as to how I can connect it? I am currently unable to make calls or texts which are only available on wifi. Thank you
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Is roaming turned on for your account. 

You can check settings and bars in the online myvodafone. 

Some.good tips and advice in http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/

Can you try manually choosing another network and go back to the original if necessary. 

Is any roaming settings turned on in the phone. 

Can you try your sim card in another phone. 

It maybe that the network your latched to is having its own issues. 

Unfortunately Vodafone cannot guarantee service while abroad which I think is worth just mentioning. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi

@bob, If the phone is not working, then how is op going to be able to log into My Vodafone? :smileywink:Where does he get the security code. :smileyvery-happy:

If the manual Network Selection does not work, then you will have to call the number provided in the earlier post.

BandOfBrothers

@Getafix wrote:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi

@bob, If the phone is not working, then how is op going to be able to log into My Vodafone? :smileywink:Where does he get the security code. :smileyvery-happy:

If the manual Network Selection does not work, then you will have to call the number provided in the earlier post.

@Getafix

Connectivity problems whilst abroad can change quite rapidly so at the starting point the Op's connection maybe severely lacking, and can then change again at intervals. Hopefully then giving access to receiving texts even if intermittent. 

When I reply to any post my advice also bears in mind people down the line performing a search to which the advice may then help them too. 

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

If it is intermittent then definitely not a problem with the roaming setting in My Vodafone Online.

I understand you were suggesting all possibilities but at times it is prudent to advise on possible solution rather than giving all the options.

Switching the phone off and on usually triggers the Network Selection if it is set at Auto. Especially if you have put your phone on flight mode when taking off from UK.

Another cause is usually Network Selection is set to Manual, and just need to select a local Network manually.

BandOfBrothers

I'll try to keep your observations in mind when I reply @Getafix

Back to the Op @allyboy01

Has any of the information and guidance thus far helped ?

Are you connected yet. 

Current Phone  >