You are here:

Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Highlighted
Rank 2: First Poster
Accepted Solution

Contract Nightmare for a Year Now =(

Can someone from the EFT please contact me regarding my account? I've tried in vain for a YEAR to get my monthly fee corrected to my contract from last Februrary.

I've had so many conversations that ended in "it's definitely all fixed for you now" only to see the incorrect fee the follwoing month over and over again.

12 months of this nonsense is enough and now I just need to leave Vodafone without being charge a ridiculous early settlement fee which (hilariously) is ALSO calculated on the incorrect contract fee.

I have no idea how much I've over paid, but I am guess it's in the hundreds... Look forward to your message.

Message 1 of 23 (6,447 Views)

Accepted Solutions

Re: Contract Nightmare for a Year Now =(

Just so everyone is aware, Sukhi kindly provide me with another way to contact Vodafone and since then I have finally been in communication with them.

Unfortunately, the best they can do for me is to provide me with a credit that returns my account to the correct amount and promise that my line rental charges will be corrected going forward. They even went so far as to suggest how amazing this is as they are going "above and beyond" by providing me with an exceptional back dated credit that they usually can't do.

After I had a moan, they've offered me a further £5 credit to their already fantastic offer to show how much they care.

So, I've informed them that £5 compensation for a year of pain where I have been over charged more than £200 is not reasonable and certainly wouldn't be the sort of compensation they would have expected from a customer if they had failed to pay that sort of amount.

So... off to the Ombudsman I go to fix an issue that could and should have taken Vodafone five minutes to resolve a year ago.

Hopefully this stands as a word of warning for everyone else out there.

View solution in original position

Message 21 of 23 (3,063 Views)

All Replies
Topics: 6
Solutions: 16

@EdwardCrabtree We'd like to help. 

Please get in touch with our team using the details from the private message I've sent to your inbox.

Message 2 of 23 (6,205 Views)

Hi,

Just to confirm, I sent me message over two weeks ago and unfortunately no reply.

Please can you guys reply, or let me know to send my message again?

Edward

Message 3 of 23 (4,346 Views)
Topics: 5
Solutions: 2

Hi @EdwardCrabtree, please can you confirm you received an automated email response from us when completing the form? This will include a reference number, similar to [#12345678].

So we can check on this for you, let us know your reference number.

If you've not received this, please follow the instructions that will be sent in a private message shortly, after clearing your cache and cookies or trying an alternative browser. 

Message 4 of 23 (4,177 Views)

I'm sorry.. But this is ridiculous... I have filled in your stupid form on 3 seperate PCs using IE, Edge and Chrome and have had NO AUTOMATIC RESPONSES!

I need Vodafone to STOP WASTING MY TIME AND FIX THIS!

You've got my details... please just call me???

Message 5 of 23 (3,395 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 2

@EdwardCrabtree

If you've followed the link we've sent to you via private message, you'll receive a reference number once you've emailed us.

Please check your spam and junk folder as this may appear there. If not, please resubmit the email making sure you add the correct routing code in the box.

Message 6 of 23 (3,212 Views)

Sorry, this is still not resolved... I can't count the number of times I've now filled in your form... every time i click submit it simply returns to the Vodafone home page and I never get a confirmation email. 

I appreciate it's probably "me" but you have to accept that I cannot use this method to get in touch with you and provide an alternative please.

Thanks

Message 7 of 23 (2,231 Views)
Topics: 85
Solutions: 224

Fill in the form again, but use another Email.

Message 8 of 23 (2,209 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion... but no dice... still get sent straight back to the Vodafone home page when I click send and never get an email confirmation, no matter what email I use, no matter how quick I fill out the form... No matter what browser I use... No matter how many times I clear my cache... No matter what device I use... And, frankly, I think I've made it pretty obvious to Vodafone that it's not working enough times now to get some other form of communication from them. It's been another month where I have paid 25% more than I should be. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 23 (2,124 Views)
Topics: 85
Solutions: 224

I have raised this issue about email not going through and it is currently being investigated.

Message 10 of 23 (2,091 Views)
Topics: 158
Solutions: 185

@EdwardCrabtree

Could you please try what @Getafix suggested and use a different email account?

Message 11 of 23 (2,088 Views)

He confirmed he tried and the issue remains ^ read back 🙂
Message 12 of 23 (2,009 Views)
Topics: 562
Solutions: 642

@EdwardCrabtree - I’m sorry you’ve had problems emailing us. If this still isn’t working, there are a few things I can suggest:

• If you’re using a Yahoo email address, we‘ve found these don’t reach us sometimes, so please try a different email address.
  • When you enter your details, please manually type your email address and don’t copy and paste it. Pasting it into the form can cause this to fail.

We’re receiving emails into our inbox with  no problems, so trying these two changes above should help.

Message 13 of 23 (1,762 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster

@ EdwardCrabtree

If you actually want your issue resolved, go to:

www.os-communications.org

No more time wasting with this lot.

Message 14 of 23 (1,631 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jenny...

Have used my gmail and outlook accounts to no avail... Have manually written approximately another 15 responses using chrome, firefox, internet explorer and edge and 3 different PCs all on different networks, my phone browser, my wife phone browser using both wifi and my mobile data connection... my wii u... my kids tablets...

I've still have no message saying you've received it.

How about you trust what I am saying and just get in touch with me? You could simply use or respond to the PMs on here? Or use my mobile or email address that you already have?

Please understand... You are failing me miserably... I've tried so hard, wasted so much of my time... I've probably spent a good 3 hours sending these damn messages to you now and collective sum of yours responses is to keep hitting my head against a brick wall... Responses which, let's face facts, took no more than 15 minutes in total to send.

The community here get it... they understand that you are failing me... Why can't you?

Message 15 of 23 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lyonsj400

I think you're right... tbh I don't know why I haven't done that sooner - I guess it's probably because I'm an overly reasonable person.

Must play them at their own game and start making their lives miserable as well...

Shame, because I had high hopes that at least someone in Vodafone had some common sense Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 23 (1,465 Views)
Topics: 0
Solutions: 1

@EdwardCrabtree

Have you tried any of the advise, as previously given by @Jenny?

Message 17 of 23 (1,458 Views)

Hi Dane... Are you taking the mick? Like, are you literally having a laugh at my expense?! Are you quite deliberately RUBBING MY FACE IN FAECES!!!!

Have you read message 15, where I state in BLACK AND WHITE that I am not using a yahoo account and I have MANUALLY ENTERED another 15 (approx) responses?

It's like I'm on some sort of hidden camera show, except THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL!!!!

Come on guys... you aren't robots... You're human... If you can't act human, you will quite easily lose your jobs to an automated script. Pull you finger out!

Message 18 of 23 (1,387 Views)

As suggested earlier... I have decided to take my complaint to the Ombudsman... You guys have been completely useless, but I guess you've saved yourself all of 45 minutes work so congratulations for that - give yourselves a pat on the back.

It is exactly these sort of complaints that WASTE the Ombudsmans time... You should have easily been able to fix my contracted rate and you have been given over a year and multiple oppourtunities to do so. It's a complete disgrace.

Message 19 of 23 (1,379 Views)
Topics: 158
Solutions: 185

@EdwardCrabtree

Please try replying to the  private message I've sent you.

Message 20 of 23 (1,361 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone