Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract Nightmare for a Year Now =(

EdwardCrabtree
4: Newbie

Can someone from the EFT please contact me regarding my account? I've tried in vain for a YEAR to get my monthly fee corrected to my contract from last Februrary.

I've had so many conversations that ended in "it's definitely all fixed for you now" only to see the incorrect fee the follwoing month over and over again.

12 months of this nonsense is enough and now I just need to leave Vodafone without being charge a ridiculous early settlement fee which (hilariously) is ALSO calculated on the incorrect contract fee.

I have no idea how much I've over paid, but I am guess it's in the hundreds... Look forward to your message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just so everyone is aware, Sukhi kindly provide me with another way to contact Vodafone and since then I have finally been in communication with them.

Unfortunately, the best they can do for me is to provide me with a credit that returns my account to the correct amount and promise that my line rental charges will be corrected going forward. They even went so far as to suggest how amazing this is as they are going "above and beyond" by providing me with an exceptional back dated credit that they usually can't do.

After I had a moan, they've offered me a further £5 credit to their already fantastic offer to show how much they care.

So, I've informed them that £5 compensation for a year of pain where I have been over charged more than £200 is not reasonable and certainly wouldn't be the sort of compensation they would have expected from a customer if they had failed to pay that sort of amount.

So... off to the Ombudsman I go to fix an issue that could and should have taken Vodafone five minutes to resolve a year ago.

Hopefully this stands as a word of warning for everyone else out there.

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EdwardCrabtree

Could you please try what @Getafix suggested and use a different email account?

Jayhey
He confirmed he tried and the issue remains ^ read back 🙂

Jayhey
I found twitter team to be great, but twitter can't handle 50% of the purposes of customer care on 191. It is time Banbury brought back a customer care dept you can contact if their third party care can't get the job done right - FIRST CONTACT RESOLUTION does not work with these outsourced companies so at least have a Banbury complaints call centre that can and does stick to FCR.

I mean schooleavers earn almost half of minimum wage, surely it can't be that hard or expensive to pull together instead of paying the Ombudsman £500 each time a complaint goes there - that is almost a wage of a 16 hours for a 4 week period.

I hope V goes back to the start of why it came such a international company - because when only BT Cellnet/o2 was horrendously poor with customer care V was shining.

EE have brought customer care inhouse in the U.K., it is paying dividends because it is the only one doing so, my issue with EE is they admit the area masts need upgraded and backhaul capacity updated/replaced. V network was flawless for me outside only my house (2G only) but the care (or lack of it) from third parties for years have eroded V to year on year on year and year to the bottom.

It's time for the V in Vodafone to be lowercase in handwriting with a higher right side and resemble a tick/check and that the customer care be as solid as the network.

Come on Voda! I'll be back in a flash for my personal mobile if you sort care out as will millions, let retail staff sort issues out as a minimum by giving full care access not just a retail system (staff in dispute with third party care is just a appalling sight to see in any store but you see it in V Retail stores).

Secondly bring back Banbury call centre, customers deserve to speak to V staff and retail staff who can action things themselves when the third party fails them!