Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract extended without my knowing

faithnack
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This has been an ongoing issue for some time now, but the short of it is I recieved a phone call from Vodafone stating that my contract was looking a little outdated and that I wasn't getting good value for money. They offered me in increase in my mobile data allowance, which I duly accepted. However during the phone call I asked several times whether this was going to extend my contract and was always told no, however I never got any written confirmation of this and lowen behold a year was added to my contract. I've tried going into store to resolve it, speaking to someone on the online chat, and even raised it the last time Vodafone rang me to see how I was getting on, when I was told my the gentleman on the phone that he couldn't change it, but acknowledged that I should not have had my contract extended.

To add to this Vodafone wrote to me to let me know that there were going to be some changes to the pricing in my contract and such I was eligible to cancel my contract without charge. I replied with a 'yes please', owing to the issues I've been having. They wrote back to me to say I needed to confirm which contract I wished to cancel (I have two), which I found a little infuriating as surely they will have known which? The other is a SIM tablet on a rolling 30 day contract....I replied to this with the details of the contract I wish to cancel (in writing), and have not heard from them since.

To add a little bit further to my frustation the address to which my account is registered doesn't get any Vodafone signal. I don't spend all my time there, but enough that it's frustrating.

I feel totally trapped, and no-one seems able to help?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @faithnack

If a fundamental change is applied to a contract i.e data added this can indeed change the current contract as you've found out. 

If customer service on 191 are not able to help with the issues you raise then Vodafone do have a Code of practice you can turn to. 

Link > Code of Practice.

Vodafone Tech Teams also monitor this forum so please perhaps hang in there while they catch up to your post here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@faithnack This is something we'd like to investigate. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.