Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract

hn3191
1: Seeker

Hi. Getting a bit frustrated here so thought I'd ping out a message and see what came back. Essentially I've cocked up and taken out/renewed a 24 month contract and then shortly after been awarded a visa to emigrate to South Africa. Doh!

Vodafone are showing no sympathy with my position and want me to pay £350 early cancellation fees which to be fair is in the contract etc etc.

Has anyone else been shown any sympathy in extenuating circumstances? Anyone benefitted from being loyal? And if so how did you get this? Any suggestions? Or does loyalty count for nothing and should we all be jumping around providers?

Cheers,

Hayley

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are you Over the 30 days cooling off period?

If so your locked in and would have to pay the Early Termination Fee. 

Another option is for someone you you know who can take on your contract and pass a Credit Check. 

How-do-I-transfer-my-number-and-agreement-to-someone-else.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @hn3191

Any network would treat you the same.

In all fairness to Vodafone, you did make a contract agreement for a minimum term and just because you are emigrating part way through the agreement, does not give you any right to be let off the early termination charge.   it's still a valid contract.

Your options are going to be limited to :

Paying off the contract as you have been advised.

The Change of Ownership route to a trustworthy friend or relative, all responsibility for the remaining period left on the contract and payments will be with the new contract owner.  This will be subject to the new owner meeting the credit check criteria.

It's a shame this has happened and you will not be in a position to continue with the contract but it is always best to put affairs in order before leaving the country.

You can find further information on your final bill below.

Cancel Account