You are here:

Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Topics: 1

Re: Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

@Holliwaters110 If you'd like us to look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Message 301 of 313 (1,037 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Thank you - I've just filled in the online form. If this isnt resolved in 6 weeks I will be enlisting the help of the finacial ombudsan again - this has been an ongoing issue since August 2013!

Message 302 of 313 (909 Views)

Please can someone contact me.

This is an ongoing issue for me and I am going around in circles to get it solved. 

Vodafone have agreed to remove the default yet over 30 days later it is still there. 

Please help

Message 303 of 313 (887 Views)

I raised this issue in 2013, it's 2017 now... good luck.
Message 304 of 313 (870 Views)

Write to financial ombudsman - you have to give Vodafone 8 weeks first. Then if no luck, escalate.
Message 305 of 313 (868 Views)

I know...Im not holding out much hope but losing options fast!

Message 306 of 313 (867 Views)
Highlighted
Topics: 158
Solutions: 185

@benduerden0811

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Message 307 of 313 (855 Views)

Escalate to the ombudsman - best thing I ever did regarding my complaint. Don't waste any more time or energy with Vodafone - there's a reason they were fined 4.6 million. Hope you get it sorted.
Message 308 of 313 (561 Views)

Hi, 

I have just been stopped from getting a Mortgage as I have a default put on my account by Vodafone for £90 on a contract that had been cancelled in April 2011. Vodafone incorrectly raised a bill of £66.66 despite me cancelling my contract on time and writing and calling them numerous times. I contacted the customer team In September 2011 and explained my situation to her. I told her that my contract had been cancelled and the overdue payment bill was an error on their part. She told me that I did not owe them anything and that she would cancel this on her system. She also told me that she would inform the debt recovery team of this. Despite this Vodafone kept on sending me an outstanding invoice letter and demanding more money. They then kept adding interest and sent me a bill for £90. I kept contacting Vodafone but no one helped me. I then out of frustration paid the £90 in December 2011 although I didn’t owe them anything and the bill was wrong, just to get them off my back. Now I have realised that they put a default charge against me which is affecting my whole future as I can’t get a mortgage now. At no point whatsoever did Vodafone write to me or verbally tell me that they would put a default charge against me. How can they do this? Something that wasn’t my fault in the first place is affecting my whole life. Please help me I don’t know what to do. How can I get this removed?

Message 309 of 313 (473 Views)
Topics: 3
Solutions: 28

Hi @sunshine_86

I'm sorry to hear this. We'd love to help. 

We'll need to check the account to see what's happened. Please follow the instructions that I've sent to you in a private message, to get in touch with us.

Thanks, 

Message 310 of 313 (395 Views)

Bypas contacting the media comms team on here - depending on whom you get, they all give different advice. Do a complaint straight to vodafone (written or you can now email your complaint) add supporting documents (screenshots of the default on your credit check) and ask them to remove the default. If its not resolved in 8 weeks you can enlist the help of the ombudsman. Thats how i got mine removed the first time round. 

Make sure you ask them to remove the default from ALL credit check platforms - EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN and CALL CREDIT. I've just descovered they only removed it from EQUIFAX for me back in 2015. 

Message 311 of 313 (385 Views)
Topics: 3
Solutions: 28

Hi @Holliwaters110

That's not good to hear. 

If there's anything you still need help with, please let us know. 

Thanks, 

Message 312 of 313 (380 Views)

Please can someone help me with an alleged 'late payment' recorded as a default on my credit report from 2014. 

Ive always paid my bills on time - however on occasion I had an extremely high bill, 8 times bigger than my average bill (£490). I disputed the bill as it was completely unexpected, and raised an investigation. When speaking to 191, I expressed reluctance to part with the money until the investigation was complete, to which the Vodafone customer service advisor suggested a "promise to pay" which meant that I could pay a portion of the bill now and the rest 6 weeks later (when the investigation would be concluded). Naturally, I accepted - the investigation concluded and I paid the remainder of the bill on the pre- agreed date 6 weeks later. I never thought anything of this until I checked my credit report some months later and saw that I had a "missed" payment on my file. I immediately contacted Vodafone by email to resolve the situation however was told that it was in fact a late payment and the credit team do not have the power to change this.

This is now affecting my opportunity to get a mortgage and will remain on my file for 6 years in total. Surely this is not right??

I don't see how being ill advised by Vodafone should leave me with life changing  consequences that I wasn't made aware of. Please can someone help?

Message 313 of 313 (51 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone