You are here:

Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: Defaulted Vodafone account on my credit file

Similar issue to most people in this thread in that cancellation of my account in one of Vodafone's branches before moving abroad actually led to a default status of £96 on my account due to bills being sent to me by post after I had moved out of the UK.

I have since paid the bills in full and would really appreciate Vodafone's cooperation in rectifying what must be a mistake on their behalf.

I would appreciate some guidance from the Vodafone team. Thank you in advance.

Message 61 of 313 (26,816 Views)
Topics: 22
Solutions: 36

Hi @Almendra

When you cancel a contract, your final invoice is sent via post, due to your online account being closed.

We can only look at removing a default if there’s been an error.

If you feel this is in error, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

We can then check this.

Thanks,

Gemma

Message 62 of 313 (26,772 Views)

Hi and thanks! I've now followed the instructions in your private message. Should I stay in touch via the forum, or will all correspondence be done via e-mail?

Cheers.

Message 63 of 313 (26,766 Views)
Topics: 562
Solutions: 642

[ Edited ]

Hi @Almendra

This will need to be done via email now, as we can’t discuss account specific queries on the eForum.

I can see your email in our inbox, so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 64 of 313 (26,724 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

Unfortunately I am not satisfied with the response I have received. I have been recommended to escalate this and make a formal complaint. Please would you advise me on how to do this?

Regards

-A

Message 65 of 313 (26,545 Views)
Topics: 14
Solutions: 40

Hi @Almendra

So we can look into this.

Replay to the last email we’ve sent to you and we’ll get this picked back up.

Thanks,

Laura

Message 66 of 313 (26,462 Views)

Hi, I have a similar situation to many of the posters in this thread. I closed an account with Vodafone back in July 2014 over the phone as I was moving to a new provider, and was told that everything was settled and there were no further payments on the account. As far as I knew that was that and I didn't receive any letters or bills after that date.

I came to check my credit file in January and noticed I had a default on the account for an amount of £14. This was removed from the record but no change has happened to my credit file. 

Who do I need to contact to investigate this further.

Message 67 of 313 (26,170 Views)
Topics: 8
Solutions: 13

Hi @jamesm1985

If you get in touch via Live help, they'll take a look at your account.

Thanks,

Rodney 

Message 68 of 313 (26,151 Views)

Hi, I also have a similar experience to many others on this thread.  Have been a vf customer for over 4 years, and never missed a payment.  A couple of months ago, I requested a PAC, paid the ETF, and moved elsewhere.  There has been no further communication from vf, yet I have just checked my credit file to find that I have defaulted on a payment, after I had paid the ETF.  I would be grateful if somebody could look into this please, as I believe there has been an error, and would wish to resolve this soonest.

Message 69 of 313 (26,012 Views)
Topics: 3
Solutions: 28

Hi @gareth76

We'd love to help. 

I've sent you a private message, please follow the steps to get in touch. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

Message 70 of 313 (25,963 Views)

Hi I am in exactly the same position as many of the other posters. I have checked my credit report today 20/05/2015 and it is showing a default balance of £39 for the last 2 years. I closed my account in April 2013 and settled the account in full, I have had no further correspondance regarding late payments or owing any more money otherwise I would have paid the small amount of £39. I have called Vodafone who have said that they cannot find me on the system. Therefore how can I owe a default balance if I have not been contacted regarding owing £39 and especially given the fact that I am not on their system? This has had a massive impact on my credit report as I have never missed a payment on any of my credit accounts but still find it hard to find credit and have an extremely poor credit rating because of this. Like every body else on here this is not only affecting myself but my family. Please can someone help me in rectifying this problem and removing this default from my account?

Message 71 of 313 (25,884 Views)

It seems that this is a regular issue that needs to be sorted on a grand scale to me. Vodaphone have been misleading their customers and in the process ruining people's credit history and therefore their life plans. It may be worth starting a petition type thing and get some coverage on it just so everybody can have an awareness of the issue and can check their credit ratings and get support.

I have received the pm and will get it filled in as soon as possible. Thank you.
Message 72 of 313 (25,865 Views)
Topics: 2
Solutions: 8

Hi all,

So we can look into this for you, please send us your details by following the instructions in the private message I have sent to you both.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 73 of 313 (25,829 Views)

After posting in this thread a couple of weeks ago. i followed the instructions and spoke to a vodafone representative on the Live Help. After some back and forth with the person on the other end of the helpline (who at one point informed me that my "professional" mortgage advisor was wrong and having a default on my credit report would have no effect in getting a mortgage), they finally told me that there is a dedicated team that is dealing with these complaints and my issue would be forwarded to them and I should receive an update with 3-4 working days. This conversation took place on Saturday 8th May and I still haven't received any contact from anybody. 

Message 74 of 313 (25,821 Views)
Topics: 72
Solutions: 179

Hi @jamesm1985

Get in touch with us by following the instructions in this private message.

Thanks,

Wayne

Message 75 of 313 (25,779 Views)

This has become a joke, for the past 7 months you have been telling me that your systems are upgrading, something about moving the old migration to the new system, I don't know what is going on but for the past 7 months you have consistently suspended my line every month when I have a direct debit set up but you are not taking the money out, every month you confirm and say my direct debit is active and then do not take the money and suspend my line, now you have taken this too far by putting a default/late payment on my credit history which in turn has resulted in me being declined for a mortgage. I am so tired and regret ever joining Vodafone that I really just want to end this contract. Please help! for the past 7 months I have been making payments by calling up every month and using my bank card, I shouldn't have to go through all this, as a customer who always pays his bills on time.

Ray

Message 76 of 313 (25,757 Views)

Re: remove late payment from credit score

This has become a joke, for the past 7 months you have been telling me that your systems are upgrading, something about moving the old migration to the new system, I don't know what is going on but for the past 7 months you have consistently suspended my line every month when I have a direct debit set up but you are not taking the money out, every month you confirm and say my direct debit is active and then do not take the money and suspend my line, now you have taken this too far by putting a default/late payment on my credit history which in turn has resulted in me being declined for a mortgage. I am so tired and regret ever joining Vodafone that I really just want to end this contract.

Message 77 of 313 (25,756 Views)
Topics: 207
Solutions: 437

Hi @lilg132

I'm sorry to see this.

I've sent some instructions to your Private Message inbox, so we can access your account securely.

We reply to most emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please come and chat to us on Live help.

Thanks,

Ben

Message 78 of 313 (25,707 Views)

Hi 

please help me with some advices how to remove default from vodafone from my credit file the account is been cancelled one year ago and it is been settled

Message 79 of 313 (25,402 Views)
Rank 50: Grand Master

elenabivol wrote:

Hi 

please help me with some advices how to remove default from vodafone from my credit file the account is been cancelled one year ago and it is been settled

Hi there

If you owed the money, a default will remain on your credit file for 6 years.  It doesn't get removed when you pay the debt, it changes the status to settled. 

Vodafone have the obligation to report any late payments on your credit file so that other creditors are aware of your payment history.

Has my post helped you? If so please click the Thumbs Up button! Smiley Wink

Message 80 of 313 (25,399 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone