cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Defaulted account still not removed from my credit file!

Cespie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi guys, 

So long story short, around 2 years ago I closed my contract, kept getting billed then I would call up and get a refund. Was advised to cancel the direct debits from a member of Vodafone and my "debt" got passed over to a debt collector. I never heard from them apart from one letter I received. After dealing with citizens advice bureau and also the ombudsman, Vadofone admitted they were in the wrong, they would finally close the account and clear it from my credit report. Since December 2015 I have been promised 3 times that it would be removed and the history would be clean but it would take 30 days. I am happy to wait however long it takes, as long as it gets done. It is now March and my credit history is now tainted with a Vodafone mistake that I can't seem to get rid of even after being promised it will be fixed. 

I have now started to record my calls to Vodafone and I have one stating that the my credit file would be cleaned but it would take 30 days this was on the 9th of February. 30 days would be the 11th of this month and I'm not confident that it will be fixed. Is there anyone else I can talk to so I can get this resolved. It is really stressing me out as I can't even get a contract in my name anymore and my credit score is 927!! 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I appreciate and understand how damaging a default and or marker can be ,and the difficulty in having one removed from a Credit File.

You could in the interim add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian.

It is Free to add the Notice of Correction. This gives you the tools to add your own notes up to 200 words on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing. It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied.

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I never knew that about adding notes to your own credit file. I will go ahead and do that as well. Thank you! 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I definitely think someone from Vodafone needs to own getting this removed from your credit file.

It can take time for the information to filter through to all the credit agencies (depending on how often they update their files) but someone at Vodafone should have already been able to confirm (get it in writing) that the defaulted account has been removed from their end.

I agree, I don't mind waiting at all because I understand these people can be very busy but being told months on end that it will get fixed and nothing does is just frustrating. I always ask for emails or texts to be sent through and when I come off the phone I don't receive anything at all so I've actually started waiting on the phone with advisors until they have typed out and sent the email or text. They always seem unhappy about it but I now have texts and call recordings which state deadlines for the credit to be amended and it has still not been fixed. I'm going to contact my solicitor about it on Monday morning. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cespie Sorry to hear the trouble you're having.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. :Smiling:

With the Notice of Correction added then at least any business conducting a search can see why the default has been added and your own reasons why it shouldn't and is being investigated. 

Http://www.experian.co.uk can also help and advise further too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.