Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incomplete number migration

SaintBimbo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I sent my PAC to Vodafone for migration last week Wednesday, i was sent a message that it would be completed within 24hrs. On Friday i got a message from my former service provider O2 that my number's going to Port out that day and once complete, my sim won't work anymore. Throughout that day Vodafone didnt send any message to confirm the porting but upon checking my Vodafone account online i saw that the number had actually changed, but to my surprise my O2 with same number is still working. I had to call Vodafone customer service and they said the fault was from their side, promised it would be resolved. Its getting to a week now, nothing has been done. At the moment I have 2 contracts on the same number on Vodafone and O2.
I actually blame myself for coming to Vodafone in d first place, after reading people's comments about your poor services. But i know i still have 14days to decide what to do if the situation is not resolved.
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SaintBimbo

This sounds like some form of Split Port. 

Where all the files have not successfully completed. 

Did they confirm its been escalated to the Porting Teams. It's worth checking with Vodafone Customer service that they have. 

When vodafone used your PAC Code it should have automatically shut down your o2 contract. I'd suggest definitely checking with o2. 

Vodafone offers a Network Guarantee which is 30 days. 

Link > Vodafone network-satisfaction-guarantee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @SaintBimbo

Vodafone should have already escalated this for you with the Porting Teams and raised a split port request on your behalf with O2 to make sure all the files were correct.

Understandably, you are annoyed but you need to wait until your number has ported over completely or you will still have the same issue with an alternative provider.

Vodafone will get this sorted for you and you number will be fully online with the network.

The best thing to do is to give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to find the reason for the porting error.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SaintBimbo

This isn't good to hear. We'll need to check your account to see what's happening. 

Please get in touch following the instructions that I've sent you on a private message

Thanks,