Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Missed bill paymemt

Trisha23
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi unfortunately I've been unable to pay my bill this month which was £40 I received a text off vodafone to say they will suspend my services. I have managed to pay £20 and will pay the rest on Friday. So I just wondered Will they still suspend me even tho I have paid half?
5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Trisha23

If you are behind with your payments and owe money, any business is entitled to restrict service.

If you use live chat or call Vodafone and set up a promise to pay, they will be able to give the best advise.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Trisha23

I totally understand and sympathise with the situation you find yourself currently in. 

Please speak with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat asap as they'll be able to listen, understand and advise you on what may or may not happen. 

You are paying late which is why the Automated Text has been sent. This could happen. They can charge re connection fee's etc. 

If you have the opportunity to perhaps lend the £20 to complete payment then if this was my situation I'd do that. 

If they do suspend services for late payment then I'd strongly advise to then check your Credit File as this could have an adverse effect on it. 

Http://www.experian.co.uk offer various ways of obtaining a copy of the Credit File. 

I hope things pick up for you asap. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

You could also hang on for the team here, who'll be able to talk to you out of the public gaze and advise.   I suspect that the disconnection threat comes early to encourage prompt payment.   I've missed a bill myself on a couple of occasions (complications with DDs) and nothing untoward has happened.  I did pay within about a week, though.   Depending on when the bill was originally due, you may be in the clear.

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

If you have paid half of the bill but haven't made an arrangement with them for the rest of the bill to be covered by a Promise to Pay then there is a chance that the line will suspend at some point.  It's always best to contact them so that they are aware of your intention to make payment.  They will be happy to set you up on a Promise to Pay to ensure that your line remains fully active during the period until your payment.  A Promise to Pay allows you to keep the line active as long as your payment is completed before the next bill is due. 🙂

Sorry, meant to state at the bottom there that when you are setting up a Promise to Pay there is an expectation to pay 10% of the overdue balance at the time of set up - the remainder is then collected at your preferred payment date. 🙂