Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile number half ported

ngilbert89
2: Seeker
Hi ive just signed up to Vodafone,ive ported my number over from my old network.

My number seems to have been half ported as i can send and receive texts and dial out but other mobile numbers can not dial in.

Can someone advise what to do as its been over a week now, ive called customer service multiple times and keep getting fobbed of and get told that the fault is with the phone. The sim has been tried in other phones it is not the phone.

I have noticed other customers have also experienced this problem online. It seems like a very common problem.

Regards
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ngilbert89

When was your Porting activation date please ?

Sometimes turning your phone Off, eject sim, replace sim and turn back On can help. 

And manually choosing another Network in the phone settings and then re choose Vodafone. 

Are you not receiving calls and texts from everyone or people on certain networks ? 

This situation is known as a Split Port.

It's normally where not all the Porting In files have fully completed causing hiccups. 

In those situations there are no self help Troubleshooting you can carry out to resolve this. 

If the frontline agent cannot remedy the account then they typically escalate this to the Vodafone Porting Teams

Did they mention they were going to do this ? If not then I'd suggest to ask they do. 

Yes there are past posts in regards to split ports which makes it appear a common issue but please take into account not many would sign up to a Network Forum to post their port in from another network completed seamlessly. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ngilbert89

If you contact Vodafone by using live chat or calling, they will be able to riase a split port request with your previous provider.

Numbers do not port over a weekend and this will need to be done on Monday morning.

ngilbert89
The porting was done on the 9th, ive done everything factory reset the phone new sim , battery, i have tried the sim in 4 different phones and still same problem. The problem is that mobile numbers 07 can not call the phone as it sounds like the line is disconnected when someone tries to dial it.

I have contacted customer support a number of times they told me that it is being looked into this has been over a week now. Maybe its time to esculate the problem.

BandOfBrothers

@ngilbert89 wrote:
The porting was done on the 9th, ive done everything factory reset the phone new sim , battery, i have tried the sim in 4 different phones and still same problem. The problem is that mobile numbers 07 can not call the phone as it sounds like the line is disconnected when someone tries to dial it.

I have contacted customer support a number of times they told me that it is being looked into this has been over a week now. Maybe its time to esculate the problem.

Hi.

It should have settled and completed by now with your Porting in date being the 9th. 

Yes I agree it would be beneficial to ask this to be escalated. 

If this is a split port which I initially suggested then their isn't anything you can physically do at your end to remedy it. Please don't Factory Reset anymore or consider processss like a sim swap to replace the SIM card.

This is connected to your account permissions which Vodafone Customer services need to access and remedy.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ngilbert89

So we can help you further, please contact us via the Private Message I've just sent you.

keigo14
1: Seeker

I have the same issue, my number wasn't fully ported. 

Anyone from O2 can not ring me.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I had this a week or so ago when I ported in.

Where did you port in from? It sounds like a split port. 

If you call 191 and ask to speak to the number port team then they'll chase up what's gone wrong.