Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My contract end date cannot come soon enough

User150117
2: Seeker
After many years and thousands spent, I really cannot wait to end my contract with Vodafone, and draw a line under this whole sorry affair.
Since you overcharged me 12 months ago, I have made numerous calls, spoke with numerous Vodafone employees and been promised my money back several times (at the end of November you even told me you you were giving me a 'goodwill gesture' of £25). How you must have laughed at this empty, hollow gesture. Needless to say, none of this has ever been paid.
Today, I called you to ask how I get out of my contract early. No, you want to charge me several hundred pound for this. So you take my money you are not entitled to, make it virtually impossible to get it back, and ask me to pay huge sums of money for the privilege of departing the whole sorry mess.
I do however have to hand it to you, to constantly deliver such dreadful, shoddy, uncaring customer 'service' across the whole of your company takes some doing.
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I can tell your upset and rightly so if Service hasn't been good. 

May I offer up the following advice. 

The Community forum is monitored by Vodafone employees who will help people where they can. They read all posts.

If monies were taken incorrectly via Direct Debit then you can ask your Bank to see if the Direct Debit Guarantee is applicable. 

It is correct if a person wants to end a contract early then the Early Termination Fee would be applicable I'm afraid. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @User150117

Twelve months is a long time to wait for a refund, it's a shame it went on for so long without being solved.  If you were promised a refund, this would have been by way of a billing credit and you should have received a text at the time to let you know the credit had been raised.

If you were given a £25.00 goodwill credit November and have received the text from Vodafone to confirm the credit has been raised, when your bill for the period including December had already been produced, the credit should be on this months bill.

Hopefully, you will see the goodwill gesture on your latest bill.

I hope you get it sorted. 

User150117
It has all been verbally promised. This was after using 'Resolver' to assist me with it by escalating it to Vodafones directors.
I am struggling to find anybody with a good word to say about Vodafone.

jeffkinn

@Vodafoney wrote:
It has all been verbally promised. This was after using 'Resolver' to assist me with it by escalating it to Vodafones directors.
I am struggling to find anybody with a good word to say about Vodafone.

Struggle no more. I've been a Vodafone customer for 24 years and have had only very minor problems. I get the price I want to pay and the service I need. The same is true of the vast majority of Vodafone's 19 million customers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

User150117
The same is true of the vast majority of Vodafone's 19 million customers?

Really???

Is that why Vodafone received a record fine of over £4m for shocking customer service, amongst other things?

Hopefully you never do have a problem with your account where they incorrectly overcharge you (and own up to it), and you then have to chase them (without success) for over a year, making 20+ calls and a collective 12+ hours of your time to get YOUR money back. Until you do, you can carry on in ignorant bliss that everything in the garden is rosy.

jeffkinn
Yes really. And the fine was for a poor complaints handling procedure not poor customer service generally. There's a subtle difference but I'm not downplaying Vodafone's failings in general or yours in particular. But you, like many others before you, assume that everyone is suffering the way you are, and they aren't. Even the official Ofcom stats demonstrate that the number of complaints is a tiny percentage of the customer base. The vast majority of the user base has a trouble free existence and churn between the networks is very small.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

User150117
I am not thinking that everybody is suffering exactly the same as I am. I have actually been with Vodafone for 10 years. However, there has been a noticeable deterioration in the quality of customer service they offer, which is sub standard and unacceptable. If this was just one person, you could put it down to 'luck of the draw' when you made contact. Sadly though, the lack of customer care seems to be endemic throughout the whole corporation.
Never before have I felt so angry that I have took to this form of complaint.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@User150117

So we can take a look into your issue, follow the instructions provided in the Private message I've sent you.