Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

NUC Failed

I’ve read the same question over and over, not once has it ever been answered. So I know I’m screaming in the dark, but maybe if enough people ask, vodaphone might actually listen to their customers for once and act.

M phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, I have moved to another provider but kept my phone. I have filled in the form requesting an unlock code, but the code provided has failed. I do not want to enter it again for fear of bricking my phone.

What is my next step? I cannot phone vodaphone because my £40 a month contract has now ended and you will not recognise my number, I have tried your web chat but I’m being told the systems are down. I am now paying for a new contract for a phone that is still tied to vodaphone – please help!

Message 1 of 28 (1,650 Views)

Accepted Solutions

Re: NUC Failed

OK, so a quick update.. 
I have been going round the merry roundabout getting conflicting statements from whoever I happen to speak to that day.
I was told by the web chat to call..

told by the lady on the phone to visit a store,

told by the shop that "we used to unlock phones, but that’s what everybody wanted, so now we don’t" (I nearly fell over, another classic example of vodaphone customer support at its best).

I eventually got through to some customer relations advisor who after some pushing and pulling told me that vodapone wont unlock any phone that has already been ported over to a new network. - This is a direct contraction to what the website says. She stated quite categorically, that you’ll get the unlock code but it won’t work because you are no longer connected to the vodaphone network!

I did manage to get a second and much older model phone which I am now using with EE. – Who as  it happens, have great customer care. I have called them twice with two different issues and couldn’t be happier with the responses and outcome. Also they are cheaper and have better coverage.

So in conclusion – when I took out Vodaphone contact I was told that once the contact expires I would own the phone, but that was another lie. I do not own the phone, because vodaphone WILL NOT unlock. I guess they are just hoping I stick it on eBay so some other sucker can go through the same misery I have. – I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

View solution in original position

Message 19 of 28 (385 Views)

All Replies

Hi

You can ring them via Landline Tel :03333040191 

Ignore it when asked to key in a mobile number and on the 4th prompt it should change to say press 2 for Pay Monthly. 

image.jpeg

Message 2 of 28 (1,648 Views)

it doesnt.

I get enter mobile phone number or if its a landline or broadband enter details. Then it just loops!

Message 3 of 28 (1,642 Views)

That's unusual. 

I've just tried and after the 4th time if ignoring the prompt it changed. 

The Vodafone Team here maybe able to help further. They read all posts so can take a little while to catch up. 

image.jpeg

Message 4 of 28 (1,620 Views)

OK, listened 4 times and got through to menus, followed the propts to "TALK about unlocking your phone" then just told to go to the website.
any other ideas?

Ive recieved the NUC number but its failed - who do i talk to about that?

Message 5 of 28 (1,615 Views)

The option after the unlocking bit is Thinking of leaving. 

Try choose that. 

image.jpeg

Message 6 of 28 (1,603 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 2

@SM-G925F Hi, please let us know if you need any further help with this after following the steps provided by @BandOfBrothers.

Message 7 of 28 (1,485 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

[ Edited ]

Had a similar issue trying to leave Vodafone (still ongoing).  This after a year of mis-billing, contract issue (Vodafone decided to give me a new contract but then billed me nearly £500 for their inability to fix my previous contract (I cancelled my direct debit fortunately - after many hours Vodafone admitted their fault and stopped trying to take the £500 from me), and occasionally cutting off my service without any notice.

Back to the NUC issue.  After many hours, complaining, passed around and eventually threats of legal routs (Ombudsman, Watchdog, Ofcom, legal representation) I may have finally been offered a completely new solution.

Spoke to Customer Relations Dept opn ##~##.  Spoke to Nadine Brown who now informs me Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock".  This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.

I suggest you skip any other form of customer support (I've spent hours doing so and just get given "wait for another 48 hours sir..." then followed by the same non-working NUC code.  And the loop goes on.

Cut this out, be forceful, demand a manual unlock of your phone by calling Customer Relations Dept (##~##) and feel free to quote this post in full to that team.

I am waiting to see if this works, but I made myself very clear on the actions I'm willing to take and this appears to have had the desired effect.

Now - the only question remaining - if this works (time will tell) - why have no Vodafone customer support offered this, apparently, simple solution?  Why do they not pick up the phone (as a PHONE company) to engage with customers, instead sending standard messages and offering NO working solutions.

Message 8 of 28 (1,465 Views)

Re: NUC code

[ Edited ]

CUT THROUGH ALL THE UNHELPFUL STAFF, STOP BEING PASSED AROUND IN CIRCLES, DON'T BE TREATED AS A PIECE OF DIRT.
DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON ##~##, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed.

I provide this info to allow customers facing the same distress, wasted hours and bottom-level support to achieve a legal resolution with no further issues to themselves.

Heres a bit more detail to the above:

Had a similar issue trying to leave Vodafone (still ongoing). This after a year of mis-billing, contract issue (Vodafone decided to give me a new contract but then billed me nearly £500 for their inability to fix my previous contract (I cancelled my direct debit fortunately - after many hours Vodafone admitted their fault and stopped trying to take the £500 from me), and occasionally cutting off my service without any notice.

Back to the NUC issue. After many hours, complaining, passed around and eventually threats of legal routs (Ombudsman, Watchdog, Ofcom, legal representation) I may have finally been offered a completely new solution.

Spoke to Customer Relations Dept opn ##~##. Spoke to Nadine Brown who now informs me Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.
I suggest you skip any other form of customer support (I've spent hours doing so and just get given "wait for another 48 hours sir..." then followed by the same non-working NUC code. And the loop goes on.

I am waiting to see if this works, but I made myself very clear on the actions I'm willing to take and this appears to have had the desired effect.

One wonders why not one customer services person (Complaints Dept, Consumer Resolutions Dept, Complaints Dept, NUC "team", Technical Support, In-store staff etc) had ever offered me this option. Any why I took every conceivable threat to get someone at Vodafone to release me.

I'm naturally going to go through the Ombudsman, I'm requesting all audio recordings, all history on my file, and had resorted to making my own audio recordings of my phone calls to Vodafone in an attempt to seek a fair and just punishment / compensation etc.

Message 9 of 28 (1,458 Views)

Re: Vodafone repeatedly NOT sending NUC - just the 'how to' email

[ Edited ]

CUT THROUGH ALL THE UNHELPFUL STAFF, STOP BEING PASSED AROUND IN CIRCLES, DON'T BE TREATED AS A PIECE OF DIRT.
DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON ##~##, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed. (Note, I have an Android phone, this post my not be correct for iPhones, BUT, save time by going to the top complaints team and be forceful).

I provide this info to allow customers facing the same distress, wasted hours and bottom-level support to achieve a legal resolution with no further issues to themselves.

Had a similar issue trying to leave Vodafone (still ongoing). This after a year of mis-billing, contract issue (Vodafone decided to give me a new contract but then billed me nearly £500 for their inability to fix my previous contract (I cancelled my direct debit fortunately - after many hours Vodafone admitted their fault and stopped trying to take the £500 from me), and occasionally cutting off my service without any notice.

Back to the NUC issue. After many hours, complaining, passed around and eventually threats of legal routs (Ombudsman, Watchdog, Ofcom, legal representation) I may have finally been offered a completely new solution.

Spoke to Customer Relations Dept opn ##~##. Spoke to Nadine Brown who now informs me Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.
I suggest you skip any other form of customer support (I've spent hours doing so and just get given "wait for another 48 hours sir..." then followed by the same non-working NUC code. And the loop goes on.

One wonders why not one customer services person (Complaints Dept, Consumer Resolutions Dept, Complaints Dept, NUC "team", Technical Support, In-store staff etc) had ever offered me this option. Any why I took every conceivable threat to get someone at Vodafone to release me.

I'm naturally going to go through the Ombudsman, I'm requesting all audio recordings, all history on my file, and had resorted to making my own audio recordings of my phone calls to Vodafone in an attempt to seek a fair and just punishment / compensation etc.

Wonder if ANYONE at Vodafone will update the internal polcies and begin offering all customers this option????  As future customers get the same problem, at least this post is reference (along with others Im posting to) that Vodafone altered NOTHING internally - instead deciding to continue causing issues for their customers that could be avoided very easily.

Message 10 of 28 (1,455 Views)

We emailed the office of the Chief Executive of Vodaphone explaining the problem. I got a phone call from a guy who worked for the Chief Exec's office the following day and he rang the next day with my unlock code! Worth a try?!
Message 11 of 28 (1,442 Views)

Re: Unlock code not working

[ Edited ]

DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON ##~##, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed. (Note, I have an Android phone, this post my not be correct for iPhones, BUT, save time by going to the top complaints team and be forceful).
Spoke to Customer Relations Dept opn ##~##. I'm informed Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.

Wonder if ANYONE at Vodafone will update the internal policies and begin offering all customers this option???? As future customers get the same problem, at least this post is reference (along with others Im posting to) that Vodafone altered NOTHING internally - instead deciding to continue causing issues for their customers that could be avoided very easily.

Message 12 of 28 (1,421 Views)

Re: Unlock code not working

Re-posted above message, after returning here to find my original same post had vanished.

Hmmmm.... now who removed my helpful info the first time?

Message 13 of 28 (1,417 Views)

Re: Vodafone repeatedly NOT sending NUC - just the 'how to' email

From my previous posts, Vodafone have seemingly blocked the number I provided.  Of course, the aim is to force you to stay with Vodfone.

Simply demand to speak to Customer Relations Dept - which is headed by Nick Jefferys.

Vodafone are also seemingly deleting my posts on similar issues when I've just checked.  Again, to remove clear help for the customer where they are failing.

Message 14 of 28 (1,413 Views)

Re: No Unlock Prompt for LG G4 [LG-H815]

[ Edited ]

DEMAND TO BE DEALT WITH BY CUSTOMER RELATIONS ON ##~##, FORCEFULLY REQUEST THEY "MANUALLY UNLOCK" YOUR PHONE. Yes, they actually have a procedure to unlock your phone without a NUC code needed. (Note, I have an Android phone, this post my not be correct for iPhones, BUT, save time by going to the top complaints team and be forceful).
Spoke to Customer Relations Dept. I'm informed Vodafone will perform a "manual unlock". This will be done by Vodafone, will not require any action from me and should allow me to use my other provider's SIM card.

Wonder if ANYONE at Vodafone will update the internal policies and begin offering all customers this option???? As future customers get the same problem, at least this post is reference (along with others Im posting to) that Vodafone altered NOTHING internally - instead deciding to continue causing issues for their customers that could be avoided very easily.

Message 15 of 28 (1,413 Views)
Rank 14: Guide III

Re: No Unlock Prompt for LG G4 [LG-H815]

Your posts haven't been removed - Vodafone don't remove posts unless they are offensive enough to get you banned from the forum - I think they have just been moved so that they are all in a single thread.  They will, however,  in my experience always edit out phone numbers.

Message 16 of 28 (1,392 Views)

I feel your pain. I have had the same problem of getting a NUC code for my Vodafone smart platinum 7. The worst part is that when you speak to customer services PAYG team they say 'what phone' for pity sake it's one of their own branded phones.

2 months, 11 requests for a NUC code, hours on the phone to the PAYG team and nothing.

I was contacted by Vodafone after I submitted my issue on this forum and now, you guessed it, waiting around again while Vodafone does what! not a lot I expect.

Now this "MANUAL UNLOCK" that can be performed if you contact customer relations run by Nick Jefferys sounds good, but the chances of being able to contact this dept are most probably as good as finding a fairy at the bottom of my garden.

So I have a decent phone, locked to Vodafone, branded Vodafones own current flagship model, but Vodafone say that the manufacturer has already supplied an unlock code. After many requests by the PAYG team to the NUC team for a copy of the code. All the NUC team repeat is "phone unlocked put a differant sim in.

PAYG team have repeatedly advised the NUC team, by e-mail, that numerous sims have been tried, on many seperate occassions due to the insistence by the NUC team that the phone is unlocked  and the only one that works is, wait for it, VODAFONE.

I want the customer relations department to MANUALLY UNLOCK my Vodafone Smart Platinum 7 NOW,NOW,NOW.

I have been stressed out and wasted to much time on what should have taken a day or two at most, not months.

That's it I'm worn out and stressed out.....signing off.

Message 17 of 28 (1,240 Views)
Highlighted

Hi. If you do a google search for "ceo nick jeffreys" one of the first links provide a phone number. I did type it in other posts like this but Vodafone remove numbers from posts. Just to make life even more difficult for you.

Vodafone will NOT solve this for you without you being incredibly aggressive.

Ring Vodafone complaints, DEMAND to be put through to CUSTOMER RESOLUTIONS DEPT not Consumer Relations Dept (very similar names.... i think just to confuse us further).

Im still waiting to see if a manual unlock actually works.... but I now have one single person I can contact now. She is responsible for calling me back on monday.

But to get to this stage was purely down to my refusal to let Vodafone mess me around.
Message 18 of 28 (1,234 Views)

OK, so a quick update.. 
I have been going round the merry roundabout getting conflicting statements from whoever I happen to speak to that day.
I was told by the web chat to call..

told by the lady on the phone to visit a store,

told by the shop that "we used to unlock phones, but that’s what everybody wanted, so now we don’t" (I nearly fell over, another classic example of vodaphone customer support at its best).

I eventually got through to some customer relations advisor who after some pushing and pulling told me that vodapone wont unlock any phone that has already been ported over to a new network. - This is a direct contraction to what the website says. She stated quite categorically, that you’ll get the unlock code but it won’t work because you are no longer connected to the vodaphone network!

I did manage to get a second and much older model phone which I am now using with EE. – Who as  it happens, have great customer care. I have called them twice with two different issues and couldn’t be happier with the responses and outcome. Also they are cheaper and have better coverage.

So in conclusion – when I took out Vodaphone contact I was told that once the contact expires I would own the phone, but that was another lie. I do not own the phone, because vodaphone WILL NOT unlock. I guess they are just hoping I stick it on eBay so some other sucker can go through the same misery I have. – I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Message 19 of 28 (386 Views)

I had similar issues. Basically after MASSIVE arguments I was told Vodagone can do a "manual unlock". Apparently by a team in Stoke!

Ring the CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPT who can arrange this. Worked for me.

Such a sorry state of affairs when it takes a customer to offer the solution eh.
Message 20 of 28 (212 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone