Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC provided for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge does not work

JMBP
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am struggling to get a decent response from the NUC Resolutions team with regard to unlocking my Galaxy S6 Edge.  I was initially provided a NUC which did not work.  Subsequently a different NUC was provided, which also did not work.  Since then, I have sent alteast 4-5 emails stating that the NUC provided did not work.  I would just receive a standard e-mail that would end stating that I should contact the manufacturer to have this resolved.  I called Samsung couple of times and they have outright refused to help with any NUC issues.  It has been a frustrating couple of months where I am unable to use my phone.  Has anyone else faced this issue and have you had any help from Vodafone in resolving this?  I have used this phone for several months in the UK and now I am trying to use this on a O2 network.

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I'm Not sure why you were advised to speak to the manufacturer about unlocking. Generally they won't help with network locked phones in regards to unlocking them. 

It has to be the network. 

If this was my situation I'd ask live chat for the nuc department email address for help. 

I must ask if your inputting the code correctly. Apologies. 

If no joy then ring complaints. 

[Removed by admin] – the call is free from all UK landlines and mobiles.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response BandofBrothers.

I have exchanged several e-mails with the NUC Resolutions team, but with not much luck.  The response that I get from them seem to be a copy-paste of prior responses.  This is another reason for my frustration !!!  And yes, I am inputing the NUC as provided by the team, so not sure what the issue could be.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Certainly a conundrum then. 

In the past I have known their to be several unlocking codes for the same phone but am not sure if this is the case for you. 

Another possible avenue is to ring the dedicated complaints number if the front line agents and nuc department are unable to help further. 

[Removed by admin] – complaints - the call is free from all UK landlines and mobiles.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @JMBP

I can understand your frustration with this matter. 

When you've spoken with our NUC Team have they been able to offer any insight into why the codes they're providing aren't working? 

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I have not been able to talk to the NUC team.  I have been interacting with the NUC team over emails and this is the response that I got for my last two emails:

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone so you can use it on a different network.
For the IMEI XXXXXXXXXXX, we have re-confirmed from the manufacturer and they confirmed that the provided code should work.

If the code is not working, Request you to contact the manufacturer directly with all the details for further assistance.

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @JMBP

I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this raised and looked into for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

jellybean99
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Hi, did you manage to get your device unlocked? I seem to have the same problem as you.

Yes, I did.  However, not very sure what was the issue and how it finally worked.  I ended-up having two codes.  I had tried both codes serval times without any luck.  Surprisining, my phone was not locked for invalid code attempts.  I think what did the trick was that I used both codes one after the other and it seemed to work.  It could be that one was the NUC and other was the MCK and hence using it in sequence unlocked the phone.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jellybean99

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please follow the steps on this so we can help.