Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC provided for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge does not work

JMBP
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am struggling to get a decent response from the NUC Resolutions team with regard to unlocking my Galaxy S6 Edge.  I was initially provided a NUC which did not work.  Subsequently a different NUC was provided, which also did not work.  Since then, I have sent alteast 4-5 emails stating that the NUC provided did not work.  I would just receive a standard e-mail that would end stating that I should contact the manufacturer to have this resolved.  I called Samsung couple of times and they have outright refused to help with any NUC issues.  It has been a frustrating couple of months where I am unable to use my phone.  Has anyone else faced this issue and have you had any help from Vodafone in resolving this?  I have used this phone for several months in the UK and now I am trying to use this on a O2 network.

22 REPLIES 22

I seem to have exactly the same problem, can anyone help me? Technical have never heard of a second code/this occuring before so I'm currently left with a locked phone I had intended to use abroad tomorrow

Hi @MombiusHibachi

Some phones can have multiple unlocking code solutions which is possibly why that's happened. 

Nuc should be able to deal with unlocking as long as the required criteria is met. 

Live Chat can supply the relevant email address for them if required. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yes, I'm still getting the exact same problem as the original poster who required a 2nd code to unlock his handset, ie, the first NUC I was given failed to work. I spoke to techinical who were a little baffled as to why it didn't work so I'm waiting for someone to call me back... Live chat aren't too helpful...

@MombiusHibachi

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, please contact customer service.

aneel0
I am having the same problem with my S6. The vodadone provided NUC is not accepted by the phone. I sent an email bck to the unloack team and requested another NUC through the online form. Only got the same code back through email.

Who can I contact?

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aneel0

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team so we can help get this sorted for you.

I managed to unlock my phone. It needs two different codes, one which we all requested for that failed to unlock first time, then another which I think Vodafone requests from Samsung. It should unlock with these two different codes.

Sabina_bl
Same issue here.had a talk with two agents on live chat yesterday to tell me that i have to raise this with the manufacturer. I didn't buy the device from samsung,but from you Vdf and also you are offering this service on your webpage. Don't ypu think that ypu should offer a better customer experience?
Anyway, what team/number should i call in order to unlock my phone?

Thanks,
Sabina

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sabina_bl

Requesting a Network Unlock Code shouldn't be a difficult task.

Use the hyperlink above to request one.

@Dane_B 

already did that.

as the other users that have commented to this post, please see above, i have used the online form, got the email with the code, code not working, tried again to raised it through that form, but the following email came back to me:

Here is an update on your request to unlock your phone so you can use it on a different network.

your requested NUC via online form but a NUC request has already been processed for this IMEI so this has been rejected due to fraud rules. We insist on this as prevention against fraud. Please contact service desk for more information. We will not be able to unlock it for you.

Thanks,

Vodafone Customer Services Team

since then, have talked with 3 agents on live chat. the last one asked me for all the details to fill the online form by himself because he thought that i wasn't able to fill in the correct information.

anyway, any other suggestions on how can i get the second code, since the one that i already have is not working?