Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New bank direct debit details

gentoo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I've just changed banks and was wondering should I manually change my account direct debit details to reflect my new account number or will Vodafone do this after the switching process has completed?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. A colleague of mine at work just switched banks recently using the bank switching procedure and he didn't have to do anything, the new bank set up the direct debit with Vodafone with no problems, this I, believe, is how it's supposed to work and you shouldn't have to do anything.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

If this was my situation I'd contact Vodafone Customer service on 191 to update the details. Paying careful attention not to do this within 2 weeks if the Direct Debit being due out for payment. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that Lee however, the bank switch is taking place on 31st Jan my direct debit payment normally leaves my bank on the 10th of the following month not sure I can do anything about that?

BandOfBrothers

It maybe something you can liaise with your bank with to ask about the timeframe. 

You could also make a manual payment to Vodafone so when your bill is due it could be taken from that.

Current Phone  >

Do you happen to know if online chat would be able to update my account payment details Lee?

BandOfBrothers

Live Chat have full Account Access but you'd need to check with them if they will or can. 

They may advise you to call 191 and They are open until 9pm. 

Current Phone  >

Unsure if this could help. 

Managing-my-Direct-Debit/How-do-I-set-up-a-Direct-Debit.

Current Phone  >

Much appreciated Lee....

63johnw
Hi. A colleague of mine at work just switched banks recently using the bank switching procedure and he didn't have to do anything, the new bank set up the direct debit with Vodafone with no problems, this I, believe, is how it's supposed to work and you shouldn't have to do anything.

I'll take your advice 63johnw hopefully the swiching process will take care of it. Thank you...