Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Mobile Data for 10 Days!!

JennieLou_182
3: Seeker
I upgraded my phone in August to a iPhone 6S Plus, on a tariff including unlimited calls and texts and 20gb of wifi.

10 days ago, my mobile data suddenly stopped working. It says I'm connected to 4G until I try to use anything that accesses the internet. This is when it throws a huge hissy fit and says it cannot connect or load the page.

I tried every fix suggested by Vodafone and Apple and other forums. Nothing helped. I checked my remaining data 9 days before it was refreshed and I had around 10Gb left. Three days after, my internet was cut off. I assumed this was due to a late payment but as soon as I could, I payed my phone bill. This was approximately 9 days ago and I'm now concerned because when I check my useage, it states that I only have a 2Gb bolt on. NO SIGN OF THE 20GB!!!

I'm still unable to connect to mobile data. I've tried numerous live chats and calling Vodafone but nothing has changed. Still not able to connect, still no sign of my 20gb of data and no sign of anyone actually helping me!

I pay an awful lot of money for this tariff for someone on low income, and rely on my mobile data when working night shifts.

I've tried all sorts of resets, downgrading my iOS, a complete wipe of my phone and everything else that has been suggested. Im getting so frustrated paying so much money for a service that I am not getting.

Just wish I could afford to leave this dreadful contract now.

Can anyone offer any advice on getting my mobile data working again?!

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Late payment can result in restrictions of service. 

I assume your unable to connect anywhere?

Have you tried your sim card in another phone?

If this is account based then customer service will need to resolve this. 

The Vodafone Community Forum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. There is members of the Vodafone Team here who are available to respond and Help where they can. They are easily identifiable as they have the Official Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them.

I'm sure they will be in touch as soon as possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JennieLou_182
I'm able to send texts and make and receive calls and can get on my wifi, and my account says I don't owe them any money now.

I haven't been able to try my sim in another phone because everyone I know has a locked phone and unfortunately none of them are on Vodafone

A Vodafone High street store may let you try your sim in a store phone. 

Just a suggestion but try texting WEB to 40127 to initiate the sending of the apn set up for data. 

I use the ones as suggested by geeksquad in http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/vodafone-apn-settings

I still am inclined to think this is account based which may need customer service intervention. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JennieLou_182

If you connect your phone to the PC, connect and synchronise to itunes, this will automatically download the correct carrier settings.

If you are still having problems, please try the suggestions in the link below.

Network Issues

If problems persists, please go into a Vodafone Store and ask them to do a SIM swap, this may well solve you internet connection problem.

JennieLou_182
I'm really at the end of my tether with this now.
Around six weeks ago my mobile data suddenly stopped working. I used all the fixes suggested on the Apple website, Vodafone website and a few other suggestions from other sites before I got in touch with Vodafone.
I've used live chats and call agents and was fobbed off and eventually it was suggested that I go in store. The staff in store confirmed that my phone was not the issue, attempted numerous SIM swaps to confirm that that wasn't the issue. After exhausting their expertise they could only only suggest that I try calling again.

This time I finally got through to someone who SEEMED to know what she was doing and what the issue was. Told me the technical team were sorting it and that I would have to wait 48 hours to see if it had been fixed. She also told me that out of goodwill and as a form of compensation, she would waive my £80-something bill.

This was around a week and a half ago. I'm still receiving texts and calls asking me to pay this so-called waived bill and I STILL have no data.

I struggle with severe anxiety and I also work nights so I don't always have the time and capacity to be sat on live chat or on the phone constantly.

I'm paying far too much for a service I'm not receiving and I'm not sure where to go from here? Is it too early to request a deadlock letter so I can take this to the Ombudsman?

hrym

I'm not sure that this has actually reached deadlock yet as VF haven't said there's not a problem so nothing to fix.   The suggestion to go into a shop was actually a good one as this is one of those things that's best tested with the device on hand - which they did.

It sounds as though this is an account level issue and, while not completely unknown, it's not common and there's probably not a common single cause.

Your best bet that this stage, and now that you're here, is to wait for the Tech Team to pick up your post.  They should be able to chase the matter and get you a progress report.  I'll see if I can give them a heads-up as this has been going on for too long.

Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JennieLou_182 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.