Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

hi, i have the same problem. i run a service business from my mobile and am losing all my earnings. I have phoned CS who promised resolution within 48 hrs. i explained cant wait that long as i am losing customers all the time. was promised an email and mgr call- neither has materialised!

how do i get through to tech support. i cannot afford to wait 7 days for a resolution. i also did not recieve a welcome email with account number to allow porting and had to chase that 4 days after getting phone.

not a good start- please sort it out. 

if continue to lose business will seek legal redress for lost earnings and breach of contract to supply services as agreed.

I'm having the same problem it's been 10 days now customer service and even the tech teAm not helping me been told 2 days ever since I got the bloody thing

Did this get sorted. I have the same issue

whats the quickest way to sort it?

tcollett
4: Newbie

Welcome to Hell!

I have just unlocked 3 phones from Vodafone after 2 weeks of not being able to make or recieve calls and texts from my home and surrounding area.  Unlocking cost £20 each.  Plus about £20 credit on each phone down the drain.  So all in all I've paid about about £120 to break free fron Vodafone.  Worth every penny!

I've been living in a world where the telephone has not been invented yet.  Can't wait for my Tesco sim cards to come so I can get back to the 21st century!

meril881
Do not waste your time calling customer services or the porting team. You've done the right thing by posting your problem on here as only the tech team can sort it out. I couldn't receive calls or send/receive texts for 2 weeks and customer service kept fobbing me off, it wasn't until I posted a message on here and a member of the tech team sorted it out.

banatyne
I recieved a new sim today and after activating it and another call to the port in team and customer service I eventually got my service back after 7 days without. Yippee.
Don't know what had caused the glitch but it appears to be ok with new sim card. I have read many negative comments regarding Vodafone Customer Service but I have to say every contact I have had with them has been first class and each person I have spoken with could not be more helpful, especially "Nora" (Egypt). learly the technical glitch was out of their control to a sertaindegree but they did all they could to put it right. I have been quite impressed with them up to now.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi banatyne,

I'm very happy to see your SIM delay has since been sorted. Typically it's a quick process but apologies if yours wasn't this time. At least the support you received in the meantime delighted you.

If there's anything else you ever need a hand with you know how to reach us. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

copez

Hi

This has also happened to me. it appears to have half ported. I can call but can not recieve. When i click on the link to send my details to Tech it says access denied....

Can you help? Thanks

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi copez and dav_303,

We can certainly look into what’s happened for you.

See how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

I am having the same problem, I can't recieve texts or calls or send texts. When I try to click on the link that any of the tech team have posted it says access denied. Can you help?