Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

I have been told by Vodafone that Three, my previous network, had "technical issues" which they were trying to fix, but with no timescales.  I was advised to wait 48 hours before calling again, so that will be a week with no service.  The suggestion that has been a problem with Three is at least plausable because my wife has the same problem porting from Three to EE.  Not much help to you I'm afraid, but if you're porting in from Three at least you know why you're delayed...

Yep, I can confirm Three has just been having a major issue releasing numbers to be ported to other networks. My port to BT Mobile took 11 days to complete.

Three's customer services, while polite and eager to help, were not helpful at all as their Porting Team is absolutely useless and did not provide any information even to their own colleagues.

BT kept calling me every day (great customer service by the way) and it was from BT that I found that Three was having a major issue many days before Three even alluded to the fact...

So yes, anyone porting from Three to any other network, it's Three's fault and you should contact Three to enquire.

Well I'm porting from EE and I'm having the same issue so it might not be Three's fault

@mattomal wrote:

Well I'm porting from EE and I'm having the same issue so it might not be Three's fault

Then yours will be all Vodafone, in all likelihood.

Three do have a problem though that they're just now resolving.

alekssir
I have the same problem. Cant send/receive texts and calls. Please help

Hi alekssir,

We'll be happy to look into this.

You can find out how to get in contact here.

Thanks

Ian

shahzaib
Hi I'm having the same problem can not receive calls or send out or receive text messages, when I try to send a email it pops up saying access denied, help would be appreciated to get this sorted ASAP please

Hi shahzaib,

Click here to get us your details and we'll take a look.

Dave

Hi

I am having this problem. Customer services appear to be fobbing me off. This is frustrating - i have just started a contract with vodafone.

Hal

Hi everyone, I have ported over to Vodafone today. I called my number this morning to see which handset rang and to my surprise my call went straight to voicemail. I immediately dialled 1210 to turn this off and then went on line to find out a number to call. Tried calling the landline number to check your voicemail and the recorded message ssaid that there was a problem with authentication. Tried this several times and ended up calling 191 to a) find out why calls were going straight to v-mail and b) why I couldn't access it from the landline number. The person I spoke to seemed confused after checking the numbers I gave him which I found strange as I got them from the website the call ended leaving me feeling even more confused. Though I did leave a PIN on the account so I would not havwe to go through security on every call. I have now had a message from Vodafone asking me to complete a survey, I was happy to do this until a pop up advised that I might be charged for sending the response, so I didn't. Then I got a text message a short time ago advising me that I had a missed call. I have registerd on line and I think I have changed my v-mail settings but am not sure. I have a number of questions which I feel may be answered here and I could have confidence in the responses...here goes...

1. Why did my calls go straight to voicemail (which I had not set up) after the port had taken place?

2. Am I charged for calls to v-mail or do these calls come out of my monthly allowance?

3. Am I charged for responding to the text message I received regarding the survey?

4. Am I charged for receiving the text message saying I had a missed call?

I am sorry for the lenghty post but my first half day with Vodafone has been confusing and rarther hectic. Many thanks in advance for any responses you may post, Elaine