Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dearan

I can certainly understand your frustration.

So we can investigate this for you, contact us here.

DaveCD

Hi,

Same issue for me after porting my number from O2. 

I can make calls but can't receive them. Also can't send or recieve texts. I thought this was meant to be easy?!

Any help would be appreciated! 

Hello All,

My number appeared to have ported successfully overnight. Phone now seems fully functional.

Regards,

hammerdean
Everything seems to be working fine now.thank you

paul1watson

Hi all,

I am having the same issue and have sent some of the tech guys a private message but unsure if you are able to response.

Transferred number around 24 hours ago however I am going on holiday at the weekend and need to use my phone and through looking at other posts I don't want this dragging on.

Called customer services but they advised to wait 'a couple more hours' - guys can you help?

Paul.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paul1watson.

If you switch your phone off and then restart it, you'll SIM will update on the network and may complete the porting process.

We'll also be happy to take a look, just contact us here.

DaveCD

siaevans
Same issue here. Number ported, but can't send/receive SMS or calls.

Si.

4 days I've had a mobile phone....  Its a fancy paperweight.

I rang the first day.... call back in 24 hours everything will be activayed and fine.

I rang the second day... Oh you''re porting a number? that'll take 3 days, no we don't issue a temporary number
, everything with new phone will work after 4 pm on the 30th.

6pm 30th , phone can dial out but not recieve.... phone "porting team" oh its not finished yet, leave it until 8pm... nothing. the phone can dial out but I stil can't dial in and of course CS are now shut until tomorrow which means yet another day without a working phone service.

I left Orange after 12 years because *their* customer service was bad... they at least could provide me with a working bloody service!

Rest assured I will be straight back to Carphone warehouse tomorrow.

shinwar
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

If you got the phone from carhphone wharehouse it might be worth asking them if they sent the paperwork across and why they didnt issue u with a temp number 

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

shinwar is right, if you trnasfered using CPW they may not have set your account up correctly you're number may not have ported across smoothly

Nabs