Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Hi drawdunn,

Thanks for the update; it’s great to see your number is now fully working.

Andy

Ive got the same problem, what do I do?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xanyax and mmihnev,

We'll be happy to look into these for you both.

I've sent you each a PM here so you can get in touch.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the quick replay. I just finish with the instructions you sent me.

p.s.Just FYI I do not know if you did something or not but this morning my phone is working.

Thank you once again to Dave and the team.

mmihnev
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

Unfortunately I have the same problem after porting from giffgaff (O2). I can't send/ receive sms and I cant receive phone calls. Could you please assist me with this issue?

Thanks.

xanyax
Hi Dave!
Mine is working too! Thanks for a quick response!😊

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mmihnev & xanyax

That's great thanks for letting us know :).

Sukhi

jimmymolloy
Hi Tech Team, I've just ported over from O2 & getting no txts coming in. Everything else appears to be working fine though. Done the usual restart cycles.

Hi jimmymolloy,

Have your text's started to come through?

If not have a look at the troubleshooting page, so we can help.

Thanks,

Laura

jimmymolloy
Gone through that & it doesn't help.

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Everywhere

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes, SIM jut replaced in shop also & same issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No texts are coming in. I can send texts, make & receive calls, iMessages go in and out too work also.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? all

6) When did you first notice this issue? Friday after porting over from O2.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent