Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Qprian,

Welcome to the eForum.

Sorry to hear this is taking so long to port your number.

So my team can investigate this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

Qprian
Thanks for responding Laura, the update I have is the Vodafone tech team have been honest and admitted this is to complicated for them to handle and advised I try with another service provider who probably are more advanced with technology regarding porting numbers than Vodafone & have provided a sincere apology and PAC for me to try. I will keep you informed as to the outcome shortly
Thanks

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Qprian,

Thanks for the update.

Laura

Qprian
Hi Laura
I gave my porting details to EE yesterday around 12 noon and by 0700 this morning I am enjoying full service on their network, I explained my problem with Vodafone and they immediately put me through to technical dept, they took their time and discussed everything in detail, nothing like this was ever done by Vodafone, so in a nutshell EE did in the 24hr window what Vodafone could not do in over 18 weeks. Obviously I will never recommend Vodafone to anyone and will always relay this story of inconvenience that you at Vodafone put me through for over 4 months.
Regards Ian

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Qprian, 

Thanks for letting us know you're now up and running. Sorry about the delay on this.  

Reshieb, 

We'll take a look at this for you. Please contact us here.

Thanks, 

Phil

Reshieb
I too am having issues with being unable to recieve calls and am unable to send or receive text messages post port....... Somewhat negates the point of having a mobile phone. Hardly the best of introductions to Vodafone! To.Ely resolution of this matter would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

simmo0020
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I too have no incoming calls or texts after porting two numbers across from EE, seems such a common problem with Vodafone, nearly a week now, unacceptable.

Also having porting problems on 2 numbers, how can Vodafone get this so wrong?

Customer services of absolute no use whatsoever.

Now I understand why people told me to stay away from Vodafone!

The 2 numbers that I have gave you PAC Codes for have not ported correctly.

1 has brought the number across but only outgoing calls (also killed my spotify access).

The second hasn't brought the number across but has killed incoming calls (also killed spotify)

Please tell me why I am paying for this terrible service!? 5 days now being unable to receive calls, lie after lie by customer services, telling me to do the same steps over and over again, what a shambles! 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Simmo0020- please could you stop posting what is basically the same thing across multiple boards. You only need to post your issue once.

PWIAC