Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

No I will not, not until I get help anyway, a 5 day turnaround is frankly shocking.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
If you wish to get assistance from the eForum Team and want to continue to post on the eForum , you need to adhere to the House Rules in the link below:
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-community/Community-House-Rules/td-p/1698280

By posting the same thing across different threads, all you're doing is slowing down the response time for yourself and everyone else. Plus you're creating duplication of information.

If you're wanting a quicker response than the 24-48 hour turn around showing on the main page, you can call 191 from any Vodafone handset, use LiveChat or pop into a Vodafone Store,

PWIAC

Qprian
Guys, you all need to understand vodafone do not have the technology to ensure you are safe in porting your number to them, it took me 5 months of listening to the waffle of what they were doing to rectify my porting problem, one call to t mobile who advised me what was wrong, I relayed this to vodafone who took a further week of my patience before admitting they are not as technically advanced as other companies, 24 hours after porting out of vodafone and to t mobile my phone service was as it should be. I would advise anybody thinking of porting to vodafone to be very aware of how far technically they are behind all other providers, and be prepared to possibly lose your number forever, you have been warned

Been following this thread since my issues, shocked that Qprian was told to join another service providor due to VF not being able to fix the problem :smileysurprised: Some of the responses from support team since have obviously not read what you have been through and the fact you were pretty much forced to leave VF... I can't imagine the powers up top would be too impressed that customers are told to go elsewhere!

Poor form.. My experience of porting has been poor to say the least but I got there eventually but it wasn't fun that's for sure and uneccessary in this day and age.

tick tock tick tock 

Getting very impatient and ready to cancel both these contracts 

Hi simmo0020,

So that we can help, please get in touch with us directly here

Hi Qprian and jimmymolloy,

Thanks for your feedback and I’m glad that everything’s sorted for you now.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I am also having the same issue. Its taken over 7 days to get a temporary number as for some reason one was never provisioned to me, now that I finially have that I was ported over today and I can not receive calls or txts only make/send them

If you could look into this for me it would be great

Thanks

Ollypirozek
I am also having this issue, I was on hold for nearly an hour to get through to the porting team who just cut me off at 8pm!
So annoyed!

Hope someone can help!

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi firestom and Ollypirozek, 

We'll take a look into this for you both.  Please contact us here.

Thanks, 

Phil

ixenorix
I also cannot receive texts or calls and send texts. I can only call outbound. Surely this is anot Ofcom issue. Would a techie be able to help me please?