Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

maget
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
So did you call to vodaphone and ask to speek with porting team and you requested deadlock?? I still did not get main sorted what type of compensation they give you for 6 weeks without the phone?

Yes. Insist on speaking to somebody from the porting team - the 191 grunts are unable to help with anything technical. 

I was really firm on insisting that the issue was resolved immediately and wouldn't let the agent fob me off with 'wait another 24/48hrs'. I told her I wanted a deadlock letter. She put me on hold whilst she spoke to a manager. The call cut out within 30 seconds of her taking me off hold, my SIM updated and my number had ported. Just goes to show they can port numbers instantly when they choose to.

I immediately rang the billing department for compensation. They offered me 1 months line rental initially - joke. After some negotiation, I settled for £105 credit on my account.

what that this mean "I told her I wanted a deadlock letter." I am on the phone to porting dudes hope to get it resolved with all you replayed at last  I will try again

Tyhoic

I'm having the same issue too. 

To say that this was created 2 years ago and this issue still hasn't been fixed seems to be a bit awkward!

Same issue here guys. Funny enough not only me but my partner, we both moved from Three to vodafone and had our numbers oprting on the same day. Called customer services, they said everything seems fine, but none could explain why this was happening. Disgraceful, they pride themselfs for having signal, what happens in case of an emergency, my partner works as a care worker, if she has an emergency how can she contact/be contacted when Vodafone can't get a simple porting right?

Almost resolved, now my account won't work. however for your porting issue, ask them to cancel the port, issue a new port number and try again. that worked for me. Use a different pac code. As Vodafone have the number now, they CAN issue a pac number for themselves.

I will be leaving once my time is up. thank the heavens above I got a 12 month plan!

Ok, well i have been speaking to their live chat and they said that because i requested the porting to be done via their website form my old service provider hasnt't sent them all the files.

They told me to wait for 72 hours. It is weird because when she puts the old 3 card in, she can receive calls and access the web.

This is unbelievable.

That does sound like 3 haven't released the port yet if she can still use the 3 sim. So call 3 and ask them whats up?

If you're within your 14 day period, I'd cancel the vodafone contract and go elsewhere. really do.

That's her issue, from Three, but on the other hand, i do get data and can make calls but cant text or receive. My porting was done in store (i mean the request). 

Apart from this porting issues, is there a specific reason as to why i should leave them?

Well i've just spoken with them. At first they tell me porting completed succesfully, then they tell me that i have a split service when only some services have ported an others havent.

Told me to wait another 72 hours, this time i got annoyed and told them i want to cancel, he then went back to some one presumably and came back to me with the answer that the 'Cancellations team' said that by midnight tonight you should have all your services.

Two things to note here: 1. Why would the cancellation team know when my port will be finalised, and surely they are the wrong department to ask.

2. Seems like a very big jump from 72 hours to midnight tonight ey?

If this isn't sorted by the weekend i will go back to Three, for the duration  of the time i was with them their customer services was magnificent.

Shame on you vodafone. You'd think that how many people have had this issue and it has been going on for so long that you would actually manage to have sorted it by now. Unless ofcourse you are still in a transition period between the 20th and 21st century.

I have a feeling this will be the shortest contract i've ever had.

Absolute disgust.