Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Johnwiseman I can see that we've received your email from 28 January 2017. 

One of our team members will be in touch as soon as they can to help.

Johnwiseman
4: Newbie
Thanks Rahim. This is day 10. Hope this moves thing on.

Johnwiseman
Hi Tech team. Thanks for acknowleging receipt of my email from the 28th Jan. On completions of the form Iwas advised you will respond in 48 hours which is today. Are we still on course for this?

Thanks
Jw

Johnwiseman
Day 11.

48 hours has passed and no contact from anyone at vodaphone. Today also see the expiry of the 3 day SLA for resolution i was provided with last Thursday. Neither did i receive the text advising the problem is resolved.

I phoned vodaphone for an update and was advised I will get a call from a Manager within "1 hour or 24 hours".

I dont wish to keep on posting on this page I just want my service to work as sold.

JW

Johnwiseman
Day 12.

Still no contact from anyone. I am expecting a call from a manager today, lets see if my expectations are met or exceeded.

@ Tech team - any update would be good. A text, an email, a call.

Thanks
JW

Johnwiseman
Posted out for help on LinkedIn with a link to this forum page. What a community LinkedIn is! Over 125 views in 20 minutes including CEO/directors and senior managers. Advise starting to be supplied from my network and post being shared

Twitter next.

All you need to do is contact me and resolve the issue.

Thanks
JW

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Johnwiseman Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. As advised, we received your email on the 28 January and we'll be in touch with further help regarding this, as soon as possible. 

@apar05 I'm sorry to hear this. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

I did receieve a call from Vodafone social network team yesterday enquiring about the issue. They advised me it was a split service (some of my service is still with EE) and have to take up the issue with EE!

Just a reminder, I have had this issue for past 7 weeks. Can't receive calls or texts from non-vodafone users.

I have confirmed it from Vodafone porting team on several occasions (prior to this call) that the porting was a success from EE, that all the files linked to my number got transferred successfully. I carried out all the troubleshooting procedures that techincal team suggested (hard reset, sim change, phone swap etc.). Nothing had worked. 

After an hour of phone call with Vodafone yesterday (with social network team, 2 porting team members and a technical team member), I was told (same for past 2 weeks) that the case is with Network team. Apparently I can't speak with Network team, and they can be contacted only via. email even by the Vodafone team? The Network team can't provide any tentative date/time for resolving the issue.

I am going to take up this issue with the complaints department of Vodafone and eventually with Ombudsman.

If it still not resolved, I am going to leave Vodafone due to the poor service.

@apar05

I have also contacted BBC Watchdog who have received simular complaints in respect to the poor service received from Vodafone when the porting split issue is reported. I recommend you do the same.

I have posted on all my social media channels which is driving a lot of traffic to this forum thread. I recommend you do the same.

To day Vodafone are contacting me to tell me if they can or cannot resolve the issue. If not im cancelling my contract due to the poor service received from Vodafone in respect to this issue and seeking compensation for my time.

When posting on this forum please add the words Poor Service, Vodafone, split port, - this will promote this page rankings on Google for others to find.

Thanks

JW 

I think the writing is on the wall - Vodafone Customer Service Review

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vodafone-customer-service.co.uk

Call received at 9:10 following me raising a complaint with the Vodafone complaints department. Agent advised I would get a call back by 11:15 and to my expectations this has not been received.

Google with the words Vodafone Split port and you will see this post has been promoted to the top pof the google rankings. LinkedIn is getting responses referring to the quality of customer services Vodafone are supplying to me and is being shared amongst the community. This post is also being promoted up the Google rankings. Thanks JW