You are here:

Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
Message 1 of 416 (50,717 Views)

1 week of no incoming calls or texts after porting number

Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
Message 2 of 416 (50,712 Views)

Re: Port Transfer: Shocking Customer Service

Was it sorted out in the end? It's now 8 days since my split port. I'm unable to receive calls or send or receive texts. Customer Service don't want to know and the porting team keep making empty promises.
Message 3 of 416 (50,658 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re: Port Transfer: Shocking Customer Service

Hi meril881,

This certainly shouldn't be happening.

We'll be happy to take a look and find out what's going on for you. Just click here to get us your details.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 416 (50,627 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Re: No incoming calls or texts after porting number

Welcome to Hell!

I have just unlocked 3 phones from Vodafone after 2 weeks of not being able to make or recieve calls and texts from my home and surrounding area.  Unlocking cost £20 each.  Plus about £20 credit on each phone down the drain.  So all in all I've paid about about £120 to break free fron Vodafone.  Worth every penny!

I've been living in a world where the telephone has not been invented yet.  Can't wait for my Tesco sim cards to come so I can get back to the 21st century!

Message 5 of 416 (50,619 Views)

No service after Porting

How did they resolve it for you as I have the same issues.  I ported a Vodafone PAYG number to my monthly contact with Vodafone and it all went as they said it would at the time when they said but then after texting a few people my new number and making one call, I lost service completely and cant send or receive calls or messages.  Ive checked all my settings and turned phone on and off but still the same. I have absolutley no idea why?

Message 6 of 416 (49,900 Views)

Do not waste your time calling customer services or the porting team. You've done the right thing by posting your problem on here as only the tech team can sort it out. I couldn't receive calls or send/receive texts for 2 weeks and customer service kept fobbing me off, it wasn't until I posted a message on here and a member of the tech team sorted it out.
Message 7 of 416 (49,893 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Re: No service after Porting

[ Edited ]

Hi banatyne,

Click here to get us your details and we'll help get this sorted for you.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 416 (49,863 Views)

Re: No service after Porting

Thanks Merill881, Ive taken your advice. I have also sent Dave the information he has requested. I hope it can be resolved quickly.  Strange thing is, my service was absolutly fine after the porting then later on in the evening it completely went.  I am not able to register my new number on thier website either.  Also when I call it from another phone it is disconected.... Real shame... but hopefullyDave will be able to get it sorted soon.

Message 9 of 416 (49,826 Views)

I recieved a new sim today and after activating it and another call to the port in team and customer service I eventually got my service back after 7 days without. Yippee.
Don't know what had caused the glitch but it appears to be ok with new sim card. I have read many negative comments regarding Vodafone Customer Service but I have to say every contact I have had with them has been first class and each person I have spoken with could not be more helpful, especially "Nora" (Egypt). learly the technical glitch was out of their control to a sertaindegree but they did all they could to put it right. I have been quite impressed with them up to now.
Message 10 of 416 (49,718 Views)
Topics: 207
Solutions: 437

Hi banatyne,

I'm very happy to see your SIM delay has since been sorted. Typically it's a quick process but apologies if yours wasn't this time. At least the support you received in the meantime delighted you.

If there's anything else you ever need a hand with you know how to reach us. Smiley Happy

Cheers, Ben

Message 11 of 416 (49,647 Views)

Hi

This has also happened to me. it appears to have half ported. I can call but can not recieve. When i click on the link to send my details to Tech it says access denied....

Can you help? Thanks

Message 12 of 416 (49,617 Views)

Hi

This has also happened to me as well. it appears to have half ported. I can call but can not recieve. When i click on the link to send my details to Tech it says access denied....

Can you help? Thanks
Message 13 of 416 (49,565 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi copez and dav_303,

We can certainly look into what’s happened for you.

See how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 14 of 416 (49,548 Views)

I spoke with the porting team and they re set everything at their end and sent me a new sim card, which did the job. If you want to contact the Tech Team, they should see your message on here and send you a link. I actually sent "Mike" a personal message which prompted him to send me the link I needed.
Message 15 of 416 (49,545 Views)

I am having the same problem, I can't recieve texts or calls or send texts. When I try to click on the link that any of the tech team have posted it says access denied. Can you help?

Message 16 of 416 (49,410 Views)

8 days since the split port. No resolution after several phone calls to customer services, the porting team and the technical team. I've been passed to at least three people per call, explain the story each time, spent way too much time for no result. The problem has now been escalated apparently. I asked how long the issue would take to resolve, hours, days, weeks, months, I got a laugh and response 'it won't take months'.

Very reassuring!

I asked if someone will contact me to update, response' yes of course sir, when the problem is resolved'.

Again reassuring! Can I expect a call in a few weeks on a number that can't receive calls?
Message 17 of 416 (49,018 Views)
Topics: 83
Solutions: 100

Hi Ahasjiminas

You would have seen this error because we had not sent you a PM. 

I have done this now and if you contact us here, we'll be in touch.

Hi Pug77

I have checked and can see we've not received an email from the address you signed up with on the eForum.

So we can take a look at this for you, please contact the team here, or supply a reference from your email responses [5xxxxxx] and we'll chase this up.

DaveCD

Message 18 of 416 (48,929 Views)

Hi Dave,

Same issue here. Would appreciate the help to get this sorted ASAP if possible.

Thanks a lot!

Message 19 of 416 (48,880 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi rrdavies,

We can certainly look into this for you.

See how to get in touch here.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 20 of 416 (48,846 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone