You are here:

Pay monthly account specific discussion & device unlocking

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

Re: No incoming calls or texts after porting number

Ive recently had my number ported from o2 pay monthly to vodafone pay monthly.

I'm able to send calls/texts but i cant recieve either, everytime i click on your link it says access denied.

Any help please! I really need my phone to be working ASAP!

Thanks

Message 21 of 416 (28,901 Views)
Topics: 983
Solutions: 1,068

Hi Anthonyman9, 

The porting issues we experienced should be resolved now. 

If you're still unable to receive calls pop an email across and we'll look into it for you. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

Message 22 of 416 (28,867 Views)

I have the same problem. Cant send/receive texts and calls. Please help
Message 23 of 416 (28,669 Views)
Topics: 20
Solutions: 65

Hi alekssir,

We'll be happy to look into this.

You can find out how to get in contact here.

Thanks

Ian

Message 24 of 416 (28,645 Views)

Hi I'm having the same problem can not receive calls or send out or receive text messages, when I try to send a email it pops up saying access denied, help would be appreciated to get this sorted ASAP please
Message 25 of 416 (28,543 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi shahzaib,

Click here to get us your details and we'll take a look.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 26 of 416 (28,530 Views)

Hi

I am having this problem. Customer services appear to be fobbing me off. This is frustrating - i have just started a contract with vodafone.

Hal

Message 27 of 416 (28,478 Views)

Hi everyone, I have ported over to Vodafone today. I called my number this morning to see which handset rang and to my surprise my call went straight to voicemail. I immediately dialled 1210 to turn this off and then went on line to find out a number to call. Tried calling the landline number to check your voicemail and the recorded message ssaid that there was a problem with authentication. Tried this several times and ended up calling 191 to a) find out why calls were going straight to v-mail and b) why I couldn't access it from the landline number. The person I spoke to seemed confused after checking the numbers I gave him which I found strange as I got them from the website the call ended leaving me feeling even more confused. Though I did leave a PIN on the account so I would not havwe to go through security on every call. I have now had a message from Vodafone asking me to complete a survey, I was happy to do this until a pop up advised that I might be charged for sending the response, so I didn't. Then I got a text message a short time ago advising me that I had a missed call. I have registerd on line and I think I have changed my v-mail settings but am not sure. I have a number of questions which I feel may be answered here and I could have confidence in the responses...here goes...

1. Why did my calls go straight to voicemail (which I had not set up) after the port had taken place?

2. Am I charged for calls to v-mail or do these calls come out of my monthly allowance?

3. Am I charged for responding to the text message I received regarding the survey?

4. Am I charged for receiving the text message saying I had a missed call?

I am sorry for the lenghty post but my first half day with Vodafone has been confusing and rarther hectic. Many thanks in advance for any responses you may post, Elaine

Message 28 of 416 (28,472 Views)

I need to add my tale of woe to this ever expanding list.

just ported over from giff gaff on a new vodafone contract and am able to make calls, cannot receive calls and send or receive texts. 

Work as an on-call physician is going to be fun tomorrow.

Someone please help as customer service suggestions of turning off an on hasnt worked.

Thanks.

Message 29 of 416 (28,467 Views)

Yes, it is woeful. I was told to turn off phone for 4 hours - no help. Then I called after doing this; and was told I couldn't be put through to the porting department, because they close at 8. Now if I was put through when I made the original call; perhaps this could be resolved faster. Instead, I was just fobbed off in order to get me off the line. Now I have to call THEM tomorrow. Why do I need to call then? One would think vodafone would be keen to resolve an issue that is their making. No such luck it would seem. So I will call them tomorrow, waste more of my time; whilst I am unable to recieve calls or texts, or send texts; and cross my fingers; because I have no confidence in their customer service.

Message 30 of 416 (28,464 Views)

After reading this sorry saga I am wondering if I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire, please can somene tell me that Vodafone have hundreds of satisfied customers and the experiences we are describing here are not typical............

Message 31 of 416 (28,457 Views)

Hah - I was told to turn the phone off and leave it for 20 minutes (which took me past 8pm - so that I couldn't phone back).  Lazy gits.  Think I might be taking the phone back and terminating my contract if they don't sort tomorrow.  Can't be bothered with this nonsense.

Message 32 of 416 (28,454 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

This can sometimes happen with a port but it’s normally fixed within 24 hours.

If you’re still having trouble after this time, please contact us using the details here.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 33 of 416 (28,435 Views)

Hi.. having the same problem. Was supposed to be ported today but still cant receive no calls or texts. Can you help please? Thanks
Message 34 of 416 (28,402 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi andrecaxabaxa,

How are things today?

If you’re still having trouble, please get in touch with the team here.

James

Message 35 of 416 (28,386 Views)

Brought my number over from a virgin monthly contract to vodaphone payg but after 3 weeks,still not receiving calls or texts
Message 36 of 416 (28,294 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hammerdean,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

Email us here and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 37 of 416 (28,286 Views)

Hello tech team,

I've had a similar issue as above. I ported my number Wednesday and got told 24 hours - wrong! Rang up - turn off until 4 then it will be fine - wrong! Rang again, turn off til 8 - wrong! Not only that, I now can't even use the vodafone number I was given with the contract. I had 2 numbers originally, now have none. New customer and I'm absolutely appalled by the service.

Please can you help as this is a joke!
Message 38 of 416 (28,279 Views)
Topics: 83
Solutions: 100

Hi Dearan

I can certainly understand your frustration.

So we can investigate this for you, contact us here.

DaveCD

Message 39 of 416 (28,268 Views)

Hi,

Same issue for me after porting my number from O2. 

I can make calls but can't receive them. Also can't send or recieve texts. I thought this was meant to be easy?!

Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 40 of 416 (28,236 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone