Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

aamiraslam

I need to add my tale of woe to this ever expanding list.

just ported over from giff gaff on a new vodafone contract and am able to make calls, cannot receive calls and send or receive texts. 

Work as an on-call physician is going to be fun tomorrow.

Someone please help as customer service suggestions of turning off an on hasnt worked.

Thanks.

Yes, it is woeful. I was told to turn off phone for 4 hours - no help. Then I called after doing this; and was told I couldn't be put through to the porting department, because they close at 8. Now if I was put through when I made the original call; perhaps this could be resolved faster. Instead, I was just fobbed off in order to get me off the line. Now I have to call THEM tomorrow. Why do I need to call then? One would think vodafone would be keen to resolve an issue that is their making. No such luck it would seem. So I will call them tomorrow, waste more of my time; whilst I am unable to recieve calls or texts, or send texts; and cross my fingers; because I have no confidence in their customer service.

After reading this sorry saga I am wondering if I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire, please can somene tell me that Vodafone have hundreds of satisfied customers and the experiences we are describing here are not typical............

aamiraslam

Hah - I was told to turn the phone off and leave it for 20 minutes (which took me past 8pm - so that I couldn't phone back).  Lazy gits.  Think I might be taking the phone back and terminating my contract if they don't sort tomorrow.  Can't be bothered with this nonsense.

Hi Guys,

This can sometimes happen with a port but it’s normally fixed within 24 hours.

If you’re still having trouble after this time, please contact us using the details here.

James

andrecaxabaxa
Hi.. having the same problem. Was supposed to be ported today but still cant receive no calls or texts. Can you help please? Thanks

Hi andrecaxabaxa,

How are things today?

If you’re still having trouble, please get in touch with the team here.

James

hammerdean
Brought my number over from a virgin monthly contract to vodaphone payg but after 3 weeks,still not receiving calls or texts

Hi hammerdean,

We’ll need to look into this for you.

Email us here and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Andy

Dearan
Hello tech team,

I've had a similar issue as above. I ported my number Wednesday and got told 24 hours - wrong! Rang up - turn off until 4 then it will be fine - wrong! Rang again, turn off til 8 - wrong! Not only that, I now can't even use the vodafone number I was given with the contract. I had 2 numbers originally, now have none. New customer and I'm absolutely appalled by the service.

Please can you help as this is a joke!