Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC request

Jayhey
4: Newbie
Tried Live Chat 27th Feb to get a PAC was transferred to cancellations and waited a hour until just after 8pm to then be told no one was available.

Called 191 today who said they can't issue a PAC ?

It is a 30 day contract that expires today 1st March ?

Is there a number I can call to speak to ON SHORE disconnections rather than 191 handing me to any old joe bloggs anywhere in the world?

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jayhey

From Ofcom > Here

"Your provider cannot refuse to issue a PAC if you have any outstanding bills or charges to pay."

From Ofcom > Here.

"PACs have to be issued immediately over the phone or within a maximum of two hours by text message."

Please re contact 191 Customer service on a weekday between 8am and 6pm as imo all the departments will be fully manned at those times, and if required quote from Ofcom. 

You can try asking for a uk callcentre but all the call centres should be able to assist you. 

I think the agent you spoke to didn't properly understand. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayhey
Thanks BoB

I am aware of such, just came here to publicly post such and let Vodafone staff know such is happening.

Vodafone are telling me the retailer has to issue the PAC - advisor even spoke to two different depts when I challenged it!

Today is billing day and I wanted to be gone over to Plusnet by now 😕

AnnS

Hi @Jayhey

You mention wanting to change form Vodafone to Plusnet.

If you are wanting to change your home phone and broadband internet provider service from Vodafone to Plusnet, Plusnet should make the arrangements on your behalf with Vodafone.  If Plusnet are insisting on a code to make the transfer, you will need a MAC code and not a PAC code from Vodafone and this is probably where there is some confusion.

You can request the code by using the live chat link below or by calling 08080 034 515.

Contact Us

BandOfBrothers

@Jayhey

Who are you wanting to move your pay monthly mobile number to ? This is the board you've posted in.

Is it plusnet mobile. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

@AnnSActually, PlusNet have just launched a mobile phone service.  It piggy-backs on the EE network.

@JayheyI can't see any reason why Vodafone wouldn't be able to issue a PAC - and I can't see who else would!   You could try calling 191 and choosing the "thinking of leaving Vodafone" option that comes near the end.  That get's you the UK-based retentions team during office hours.

Alternatively, wait for the forum team to pick this thread up and they'll get it sorted for you.

Nabs

@AnnS A MAC would be for home broadband. I assume the OP is transferring his mobile service to Plusnet so a PAC would indeed be needed.

As a side note; MAC's are no longer needed when transferring home broadband. You simply contact your new provider and they are supposed to handle the rest.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

@Nabs wrote:

As a side note; MAC's are no longer needed when transferring home broadband. You simply contact your new provider and they are supposed to handle the rest.

Yes indeed. I moved my broadband from BT to EE last year, EE simply sorted the whole thing out for me.

BandOfBrothers
You're welcome.

I'm not surprised you wanted to vent.

All posts are read by Vodafone here and feedback sent.

That's a new one on me in regards to the retailer has to Issue a Pac Code !

Current Phone  >

Jayhey
Hrym

That's exactly what I did, the guy sounded S African, either that or Vodafone third party customer care is employing posh people lol!

I tried twice, failed, asked retailer who were like 'huh' - the twitter team and Live Chat helped. They were great but it should not take that really, the third party care of Vodafone has been destroying customer experience for years.

How much would it take to get a bunch of cheaper wages under 25 year olds at Banbury to provide proper care as a escalation compared to the tens of millions they give third party care to provide dismal 'care'.

People getting great care from twitter is great but then the damage is done publicly on top of a frustrated customer. Vodafone need to get their act together on a real Vodafone call centre, I've worked call centres and retail management to project management level - watching a Vodafone retail manager argue with their own third party customer care to apply something to a account or sort a issue is unprofessional beyond belief. A V store manager should not have to get into a dispute as third party 'care' says no.

I've seen customers faces & others walk out stores hearing retail staff in dispute on speakerphone to their own customer services.

When a PAC procedural request is denied you know things are getting worse than ever before.