Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone unlock - missing confirmation email

sulaja
1: Seeker

Requested to have my iPhone unlocked and completed the online form and was meant to receive confirmation email once submitted. However no email received and thought maybe I didn't do it properly.

Once again, did the firm again in case I made a mistake but again no confirmation of request email received

now wondering if the online request form works and the problem is with confirmation email not being sent or if the actual process for unlock request has changed and online form is no longer relevant 

can anyone confirm ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

With Apple products the confirmation email seems to be a little hit amd miss as Vodafone doesn't unlock iPhones but Apple does.

Have you tried putting a different sim in the phone and seeing what happens?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Hi @sulaja

Appreciate not receiving an email can be frustrating. Is there nothing in any Spam Style In-Boxes either ?

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 

Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Live Chat or Customer service can fill the form in on your behalf if necessary. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.