Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone unlocking

Pedalfaster33
2: Seeker

I have tried live chat and online with no success. The phone is an iPhone 6 purchased from carphone warehouse. I have proof of purchase with the IMEI number as when I have tried to request a NUC from Vodafone the number I'm providing is not on the. Vodafone records. 

This has been going on for 3 months and I am going to work overseas and would like some help.

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Pedalfaster33

Vodafone can only unlock phones they have supplied.  However, if you contact Vodafone and ask them to update the IMEI number to your account, there is no reason for them to be unable to unlock the phone against your pay monthly account.

As has been mentioned previously, proobably the easiest way to get the unlock is to simply use a PAYG SIM in the phone for 30 days to associate the IMEI to the number, after which time you will be able to complete the unlock request as PAYG and there will be no problems getting the unlock processed by Apple.

Further information for you below.

Unlock Support

I'm 18.months into a contract with Vodafone. All I want to do is get this phone unlocked, I don't want to put a pay as you go sim in it. How do I contact someone from Vodafone that I can send proof of purchase,so they can update the IMEI number?

AnnS

@Pedalfaster33

If you use the contact us link at the bottom of the page, you will find a link for live chat.  They will be able to advise further.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Pedalfaster33, if you require any further assistance after speaking with our Live Chat team, please follow the instructions provided in the private message that I've sent to you and a member of the team will be in touch.

Pedalfaster33
Update:
I went on to the live chat and after 3 months of trying I was advised that only carphone warehouse could unlock the phone. So the advice was about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I emailed nucresoulutions and received an automated response.

The tech team above sent a personal message but the code was incorrect.

It seems that the whole of customer services within Vodafone are incompetent or they just will not unlock my phone. I'm am just back from overseas and tried to get it unlocked prior to going and now on my return it still ongoing.

@Pedalfaster33

It's disappointing to hear that you're still unable to unlock the phone.

Have you replied to the current email thread to let them know the code isn't working for you? 

Let us know any new updates.

Pedalfaster33
The code does not work.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Pedalfaster33 Have you replied to let them know the code doesn't work?

I've sent you a new private message with details on how to get in touch, if you need to contact our team directly.