cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Porting number from Virgin - can't receive calls from.mobiles on other networks now

halpins
3: Seeker

I ported my number from Virgin to Vodafone on Wednesday and aince then I can no longer receive calls from any mobile network other then Vodafone. When they try to call it dosn't even ring - just a long tone and then number not available.

Looking at the forum ot seems to be a common problem. I have tried to take the sim out and manually find network but this has no affect.

I was advised that Vodafone eould refreahy account and to wait 24 hours but that hasn't worked either.

Can someone help please? Do I need a new sim or does the technical team need to get involved???

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi..

Porting does not happen over a weekend so please can you hang on until Monday to see if the files from porting settle. 

If it does not then you could have what is called a Split Port. This is where the files have glitched  

You can't do anything at your end to remedy this. 

Customer service via 191 or Live Chat can escalate this to the Vodafone porting teams to be investigated. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

halpins
The porting actually happenend on Wednesday and after calls to Egypt and India ut's still not resolved.
You would think Vodafone would like to impress new customers with outstanding service but just feel like I'm being fobbed off. No return calls whem promised and then being told to wait 24 hours to see if anything changes.
At leaat I now know what to say to them on Monday when I call back for the umpteenth time.

BandOfBrothers

Totally agree and porting should be a seamless process which is what Vodafone will want. 

I'm sure many do complete without a hitch. 

I hope all goes ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@halpins Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with porting.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

halpins
Hi Alex, I sent a message and am still waiting to be rang by someone in the technical team. This situation is getting ridiculous. I need to be able to receive calls from another network by the end of the week (not going into details on here) and i am gwtting fobbed off daily.
It is very hard speakinf to someone in Egypt. I have been told it could take another week to sort which is unacceptable.
I will have to cancel the contract if this isn't resolved within the next 48 hours.