Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re: Unable to send texts

Ccaig2704
1: Seeker
Can't send texts to anyone whatsoever & I can receive texts... not an mms message just a normal text message. Looked at the postcode checker and coverage is fine. Not been able to send texts for 3 days now
4 REPLIES 4

Ccaig2704
1: Seeker
Since yesterday I have been unable to send texts to anyone in my contacts. They keep failing. I'm on a monthly plan and calls and data still works. Does anyone have any idea why this may be?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Can you send a text to someone not in your contacts app.

Can you receive texts ?

Are you trying to send a normal text or mms which are texts with pictures inserted or long texts which don't come out of your text allowance, need mobile data turned on and ate charged for. Also sometimes mms needs to be activated on your account. 

Probably not the case but check in your online myvodafone that no bars are turned on. 

Is this happening where ever you go ? Ie not a mast Issue in your area ? Check your postcode in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Can you please use the Network template and post your results back here. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Not just in one location, it happens all the time wherever I go.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here

G52 3RZ

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs

Comes up with message failure

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Friday 13th January

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

BandOfBrothers

The Network Checker is advising....

"We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s still being worked on by our engineers. We'll update this page as soon as we know more."

Appreciate the above specifically mentions calls but as texts are sent over 2G/3G they could be affected too. 

You can register for updates in the link. 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.