Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Requested PAC Code

stuarttunstall
5: Helper

Hi

After 15 years at Vodafone I have decided to leave for another network, not due to poor service, although I am annoyed that I called twice to see if they would match a SIM only price, only to be told NO! 

Today I have called to get my PAC Code and cancel my contract, a coupel of months early but I may has well pay what I owe and move on... Amazing how they could match the price now! 

So, I have had my PAC code and given it to the new network, the number is due to port after 5.30 tomorrow.. BUT WHY has my remainder of the 2GB data disappeared from the My Vodafone app and online?

I hope that Vodafone do not charge me for 24 hours or so data useage... I was not even told this would be removed!"

ANy ideas?

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @stuarttunstall

As a rule of thumb Vodafone don't match or better other Network Deals but the Retention Team will try to retain you if they can. 

By requesting your Pac Code shows to them your resolve and offer something. 

When you use the Pac Code by giving it to your new network and then your new network using this code this will then automatically cancel your Vodafone contract. 

More official information in this link > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cancel-account/ and Leaving-Vodafone/What-happens-when-I-leave/I-m-leaving-Vodafone-what-will-happen-with-my-bills.

Tip > Vodafone send the last bill by post and once paid then it's followed by a Sorry Your Leaving and a £0 bill so please Do not cancelling your Direct Debit until all that's done. 

Please do check othet network signal and data speeds by perhaps using a payg sim card before you sign up. Online Network Checkers are for indication only. 

You can unlock your phone to all networks to keep using your phone or increase its Street value. It's free if the criteria is met. 

unlock-code-request.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

But does this mean that Vodafone think they can charge me for data used between lunch time yesterday and the actual transfer which should be later today?

If so they are mistaken.. I was not told they would do this, and I had more than enough data left until the change.. 

Hi

They would only charge you for what you've used up to the point the contract is cancelled from the other network using the Pac Code. 

My suggestion is to wait for the final bill by post and if it's wrong in any way then Vodafone would remedy that. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.