cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Restrictions on Service/ Vodafone not responding to queries.

NijScott
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
At the end of my tether with Vodafone. After 8 months of me contacting them they finally decide to write me a letter asking for payment of an outstanding bill, 8 whole months. Sent my account to a collections agency. Below is what I sent to said agency. Have I heard anything off Vodafone since? Despite contacting them twice thru live chat, I've not heard a single thing from them. Ofcom ahoy. Letter below.

Regards the above numbered account:

I contacted Vodafone in March 2016 to enquire about the price rises on their contracts that had been widely reported in the media were coming into effect, and was informed that my account would not be one of the ones affected, and if it was I had 30 days after receiving confirmation from them that my contract could be cancelled should I so wish, as per Vodafones terms and conditions. I received no further communication from Vodafone until a text message in July stating my out of bundle charges were now increased. Contacting Vodafone again I was told they were allowed to increase my prices accordingly WITHOUT NOTICE.

I agree it's a tactic that Don Corleone would be proud of, however one of the world's largest telecommunications companies should really not be stooping to the levels of unannounced and intractable price increases .

I contacted Vodafone on numerous occasions and was fobbed off every time by a customer service team seemingly based in North Korea working to a script Kim Jong-Il would be proud of.

The FIRST written communication I received from Vodafone was in October 2016. October. 2016. 7 (Seven) months after my initial enquiry as to what was happening with my contract. Seven months Andy.

The wonderfully helpful lady I next spoke to on the phone after receiving the rare letter informed me, and I quote "We've taken this long because we work off a list and we get around to you eventually".

Amazing customer service.

Clause 11b (eleven) of Vodafones own terms and conditions states regarding ending of an agreement :

'We don't do something fundamental that we should have done under this agreement'

I would argue treating your customers like valued customers , keeping them informed of any price increases and providing a service which is of use when Vodafone are contacted, are pretty fundamental agreements.

I don't know what remit you have regards the management of my Vodafone account , indeed if any powers at all over the account or whether you are just the company who is working to collect the outstanding balance which was accrued through the fault of Vodafone and nobody else, but I would appreciate if you could pass this onto Vodafone as any attempt at communication with the company leaves me feeling as though I've spent several hours trying to put water back in a bucket with a fork.

Please note also, all and any communication between myself and your company is to be conducted by email alone, no phone calls will be entered into, or answered or made, as I would like a record of each correspondence.

Yours

Dunno why I'm posting in here, just in the vain hope a reasonably intelligent employees from Vodafone may see it and tell me what the he'll is going on. Hey ho.
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone Teams do read all posts here and help when and where they can. Please give them a little time to catch up with your post. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I don't know if you intended this, but your post and letter make it sound as though you have withheld payment for eight months.That may not actually be so, in which case my apologies, but if that is what you have done then while you may have a case against Vodafone they also have a case against you.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@NijScott Sorry to hear about this. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.