Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Only deals & Picture Messages

Dekenba
4: Newbie

I have the £25 a month unlimited text, calls & picture messages with 25GB of data & 4GB of EU data. And Spotify. Really great value deal.

There is also available a £20 a month SIM only deal, with 20GB of data. My question is - does the £20 a month SIM only deal also include picture messaging please?

I was surprised the £25 deal had it, as it was not advertised as such, but was listed on the Vodafone contract email or text. I've even checked with Vodafone, who confirmed the pic messages are in the £25 plan.

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It maybe the same scenario that it's not listed on the website. 

I'd suggest to ask Customer Service.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Dekenba

On SIM only tariffs, MMS will be charges at 55p per message. There is also an extra bundle you can add.  There is further information on extra's on the link below.

Vodafone Extras

If you have a data allowance with smartphones having no issues sending and receiving email's, you may be better off emailing the picture or using an application such as WhatsApp.  The message will then come out of your data allowance.

63johnw
Hi @Dekenba are you perhaps getting the MMS message parts mixed up, you do get free MMS messages when roaming in Europe with certain packages but as the others here have said MMS on the UK side of the packages are charged.

No, I'm not getting MMS and text messages mixed up - my £25 bundle include unlimited calls, texts and picture messages:

20170307_204800__1488920020_51.9.181.219.jpg

This was not advertised beforehand anywhere - I had a £2.50 MMS bundle before, so I just got it taken off.

So, free MMS with the £25 25GB SIM only deal IS a thing - does this apply to the £20 20GB SIM only deal?

63johnw
Hi, thanks but that confirms what I have said, you have roaming MMS not UK MMS as part of your package.

You have unlimited texts, minutes and 25G on UK network and inclusive roaming calls texts and picture messages when in Europe.

But why offer me picture messages abroad when I don't have them at home? It makes no sense.

I've rung Customer Services & they confirmed I had unlimited free picture messages?

It's a bit confusing!

Also got this from my phone:

Screenshot_20170307-213146.png

AnnS

Hi @Dekenba

Your tariff is in two parts as shown on your attachment, the UK allowance and the roaming allowance.

The MMS is part of the roaming allowance.

When you are sending MMS in the UK you will be charged as out of bundle. This is the reason Vodafone offer an MMS bundle under My Extras. The My Vodafone Application will update at midnight.

If you have been told by CS that you have inclusive UK MMS messages, you have been given incorrect information.  

63johnw
Along with 4G roaming data.

63johnw
Then customer services have given you the wrong information, I questioned this when I got a similar deal, I also found it strange giving free MMS when abroad but it is correct, you have them in Europe but not UK.