Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SIM Only deals & Picture Messages

Dekenba
4: Newbie

I have the £25 a month unlimited text, calls & picture messages with 25GB of data & 4GB of EU data. And Spotify. Really great value deal.

There is also available a £20 a month SIM only deal, with 20GB of data. My question is - does the £20 a month SIM only deal also include picture messaging please?

I was surprised the £25 deal had it, as it was not advertised as such, but was listed on the Vodafone contract email or text. I've even checked with Vodafone, who confirmed the pic messages are in the £25 plan.

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24

I shall give them a ring again & check. Again.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
That's up to you but both pictures you have provided above show that the pictures messages are on your roaming side of your deal, you will be charged if you send picture messages in the UK.

Try one and it will appear as an extra charge.

I had a live-chat with Vodafone - this is what they said:

I have checked the account details and your plan is Unlimited minutes unlimited text with 25GB data and picture text are include with your allowances  -)

I'm sending a picture message now & I'll check to see if I'm charged or not.

Pretty confusing.

I've got a written answer from Vodafone CS saying that unlimited picture messages are included. So if I get charged, I'll just show them the letter.

I can't believe that two Vodafone CS people would get it wrong, saying I had picture messaging when I didn't. I asked them to check the £17 SIM only deal & they confirmed unlimited picture messaging was not included in that deal, but was in my £25 deal.

I've sent a couple of picture messages - I'll see where they show up on  my charges once it's updated.

OK, I've sent a couple of picture messages, waited an hour, then checked the "My Vodafone" app, updated as of 22:55.

"Out of Bundle Charges £0.00"

So I've got written confirmation - twice - from Vodafone CS confirimg that I have unlimited picture messages in my bundle. The welcome email suggests I have, but it's a bit vague. But the fact that I've not been charged after sending two picture messages tends to support the theory that I have unlimited picture messages.

So I'm going with that. Seems pretty conclusive to me.

BandOfBrothers

As I mentioned @Dekenba @Jayhe it's beneficial just to double check by contacting customer service. 

What i would advise is to keep an eye on your myvodafone just to see if anything changes and then on your bill too when it's been generated. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Jayhey
4: Newbie
Vodafone AU were doing this years ago, as other Vs worldwide. Not surprised it's not advertised on the shop, neither is what sim only deals can use Wifi Calling (and DIRECT V staff say all sims get WC)

When apps are stealing your mms revenue and then adding large data demands on the network adding MMS to accounts makes sense, the MMS can be uploaded at network speeds depending on capacity on the data side of the network and balance the MMS/data demand. Enjoy your MMS.

V should add it to all plans as Wifi Calling - V sells at a premium compared to other offerings that have availability of WC, but no one else is doing free MMS inclusions - it's a marketing dream, but yeah this is V UK head office we talk of, one of the poorest run V networks worldwide (from experience)

63johnw
Please keep us updated because if you have MMS messages for free then that is a massive change from Vodafone that no one has mentioned anywhere on the forum.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dekenba

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would suggest that you wait until your next bill is produced before we conclude anything.

Should these charges show on your next bill, send us an email.

We'll make contact with you and investigate this.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dekenba

Let us know what Customer Services respond with.

If you're unhappy with their response, let us know and we'll investigate this with you.