Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim Swap Nightmare

amastr1
2: Seeker

My 2 upgraded phones were delivered on 01/03/2017. I completed sim swap online that evening – it didn’t work, since then I have made numerous calls to the customer care line, I have done several online chats. On 05/03/17 I went in to my Vodafone store, they put in new sim cards and completed the sim swap process whilst in store – this still did not work. On 06/03/17 I had a further online chat and was eventually told (after an hour on line!) that the sims were inactive and I was sent 2 new ones, I did sim swap online on 10/03/17, it did not work, I did it again yesterday and its still not working. I am furious at the length of time this is taking and am on the verge of cancelling my contract and sending the phones back to you. How do I make a complaint?

7 REPLIES 7

amastr1

My 2 upgraded phones were delivered on 01/03/2017. I completed sim swap online that evening – it didn’t work, since then I have made numerous calls to the customer care line, I have done several online chats. On 05/03/17 I went in to my Vodafone store, they put in new sim cards and completed the sim swap process whilst in store – this still did not work. On 06/03/17 I had a further online chat and was eventually told (after an hour on line!) that the sims were inactive and I was sent 2 new ones, I did sim swap online on 10/03/17, it did not work, I did it again yesterday and its still not working. I am furious at the length of time this is taking and am on the verge of cancelling my contract and sending the phones back to you. How do I make a complaint?

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @amastr1

When you called into the store, the upgraded number should have been put onto a plain blank pay monthly SIM. If the number was put onto a PAYG SIM, the SIM swap would fail.

The SIM cards sent to you by Vodafone would most probably already have a number attached and will not work.

The quickest way to get this sorted will be to go back to the store and ask them to put the upgraded number onto a new blank pay monthly SIM.  The number should be transferred within the hour and all that should be necessary will be a quick turn off and back on.  It can sometimes be necessary to do a network search by going into your phone network settings and doing a manual roam onto an alternative network, waiting for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone UK.

If you continue to have problems, please come back to the forum.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I'm wondering if you were sent Blank Sim cards which are needed to process a successful sim swap. 

Please let the VodafoneTeam here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they see ehatbthey can do for you. 

Regarding complaints. 

Vodafone Code of practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sorry to add. 

In my experience too many sim swaps created against one number in a short time frame can do more harm than good. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the replies.  The first 2 sims came with the upgrades, the second set were blank sims installed in the store, the third set were sent in the post by customer service. Apart from the original sim swap done when the upgrades were received and the sim swap done on 10/03/17 all of the others were done by Vodafone staff. There was a gap whilst waiting for the new cards of over 5 days

The sim swap carried out by customer service this morning has still not been successful and to be honest I dont expect anything to have changed by tomorrow.  I really don't want to have to cancel my contract - we have three phones and have been customers for over 10 years - but no one in customer service seems to have offered any help other than repeated sim swaps and I dont really know what else to do.  Any suggestions welcome

Ps I have also tried a manual network search - to no avail!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amastr1 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. :smileyhappy: