Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thank goodness for the cooling off period

jennies
4: Newbie

Recently upgraded my last and only number I have left with Vodafone (after ditching 3 lines to move to another provider), because i got offered a great deal on a rose gold iphone with 8gb of data, as its my daughters phone and she has to pay the bill I agreed to stay with vodafone for the deal.

I got delivered a space grey phone and the app is only showing 6gb of data so 2 out of 2 things wrong, I'm not going through all this hassle again, thank god for the 30 day cooling off period. I gave them the benefit of the doubt but a good deal is just not good enough to go through the pain.

In summary if you use the chat and speak to retentions make sure you double check everything while it's in the cooling off period.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The Network Satisfaction Guarantee Vodafone offer is one of the best offered by a network. Vodafone want people to be satisfied with both the phone, tariff and signal they are getting. 

If a person uses Live Chat it's also recommended to request the transcript before ending the chat session and or screen shot it. 

It's a shame you've decided to move on. 

Tip > Please consider not cancelling the Direct Debit until Vodafone have taken any final payment(s) and if applicable applied any Refunds. And you have received the final bill by post, paid by Direct Debit and a £0 bill and Sorry Your Leaving Letter has been received that confirms the account is closed. (Please retain this paperwork) 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @jennies

If you ordered a iphone 7 plus, the Rose Gold is on back order with a 2 to 3 week delivery wait.

If Vodafone have made an error and you have received the wrong colour, return the phone and insist on the correct device.  

Vodafone are offering 6 months half price line rental on iphone orders at the moment and it seems quite a good deal.

If you have been given an extra 2GB data on top of the standard 6GB, your application will show the data at the standard allowance for the price plan and as soon as the 6GB has been used the extra 2GB will kick in.  You will also see the extra data when the bill has been produced as something like 'extra 2GB data'.

It was a 6s. I have had so many problems in the past, I gave them one last shot and they've messed up again. This is really just a cautionary tale to add to the many others. I think the information customers share here is for the most part really useful but only for each other, I'm not sure Vodafone ever really learn anything from it.