Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

UNLOCK PHONE

margwearing1
2: Seeker
I have tried to unlock my IPhone 6 twice, once I completed the online form myself and the second time someone from the online chat room did it for me and both times I have received an email to say that my IMIE number is invalid, however it is not. I need this phone unlocked urgently as the contract ended well over a year ago and I want to sell the phone on.
11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I note you say the contract has ended over a year ago. 

Have you continued to use the sim card in that phone which keeps the phones imei number on Vodafones Systems. 

If not perhaps reinsert the sim and use it for a while to re establish the imei number back on their system or the other options are to insert a payg Vodafone sim card and use it for at least 30 days making calls and using data and sending texts to latch it's imei number to the new payg number and then request the unlock again using the new information. 

Be aware if too many requests are made Vodafone could then block the requests under fraud worries. 

If the above isn't the case then you have a couple of options. 

Ask Live Chat or Customer service on 191 for the email address for Vodafone nuc unlocking department so you can contact them directly. 

Some further information in http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Unlocking-your-phone-NUC/td-p/2421880

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

margwearing1
I'm not prepared to buy another Vodafone sim to continue using this phone, I now live outside of the uk and it's not possible for me to do this. I have already spoken to a live chat member and they've resubmitted the request and it was still not accepted. This is ridiculous as I need to sell the phone as soon as possible.

Appreciate now learning the new relevant information that your out of the UK that using a Vodafone UK Payg wouldn't be available to you. 

Can you clarify please if it is the case that the iPhone hasn't been used on the Vodafone UK network for a period of time. This could be the issue with the imei as I mentioned or had the iPhone ever been replaced by Apple or an insurance company which is another reason an imei number wouldn't match. 

Current Phone  >

margwearing1
Yes the phone hasn't been used on the Vodafone network since march 2016. The phone has never been replaced by Apple or any insurance company.

I'm thinking then that's why the imei is the issue - possibly because it's dropped off Vodafone Systems. 

Current Phone  >

margwearing1
So how do I fix this problem?

AnnS

@margwearing1 wrote:

You need to contact Vodafone and ask them to add and update the IMEI to your account.

When you complete the form, it is important to use the same information you did at the time when you were using the phone on your account.

If problems persists, please come back to the thread.

@margwearing1 wrote:

Usually using it on the uk Vodafone network does this but I appreciate your not in the Uk. I assume phone iPhone is with you. 

Can you send it to someone in the Uk so they can use the iPhone on Payg for 30 days, request the unlock using the Vodafone Uk Payg details and then send it back to you. 

Or or as I said earlier, Ask Live Chat or Customer service on 191 for the email address for Vodafone nuc unlocking department so you can contact them directly. 

Current Phone  >

If it was purchased through Vodafone with an upgrade, it is possible that the IMEI number was not updated directly from the order at the time and an old IMEI is displaying. This can be checked by 191 who can retrieve the correct IMEI from the order and have it applied to the account.