02-03-2017 02:44 PM
Hopefully someone out there can help me. I have been unable to access my account online for nearly 3 months now, and here's my history of trying to resolve it.
1. Repeat password resets on the online system, about 20times. Each time i reset my password it gives me a random error code when i try using it and tells me to call 191.
2. I then went onto the online chat to tell them it wasn't working, they then take me through the exact same password reset procedure. Despite me telling them that it doesn't work they proceed anyway and get me absolutely nowhere. They have reset my password about 8 more times, and the same issue keeps coming up. Every time i go back to them to say don't do the same bloody thing again, they say, 'it will definitely work this time, it always works' hey presto.... doesn't work. So i tell them, and they say... 'oh it will this time, you need to wait atleast 2 hours after we reset the password for it to take effect'.... okay another 10hours wasted.... hey presto, didn't work!
3. I speak to them online again, they say the have recreated a new account for me and transferred me across, i will receive a new password via email.... hey presto, new password, new username. Same issue. no access. Another 10hours wasted.
4. The system repeatedly says i need to register my phone number against the account to gain access once they have reset my password. The tell me the phone number is already registered against the account, but no pin numbers ever get sent to it, despite them closing and reopening my account on about 8 seperate occasions.. Another Month Wasted.
5. I call the call centre and speak to an agent, he resets my password.... again... shock horror, doesnt work! He tells me that all he can do is complete deregister the phone number, close all accounts, and i will need to re-register on MyVodafone and it will all work smoothly with a new account. Oh and by the way, it takes a week from him doing this close down for the system to wipe and allow me to reregister against my phone number.
6. One Week passes.... system won't let me register a new account because "this phone number is already registered against an exisiting account"
7. Two Weeks pass - go back to No.6
8. Three Weeks pass - No.6 again.
9. Here we are now.... 3 months have passed. Hours and Hours wasted with useless, potentiallly lying customer service agents who can't solve anything, and i still can't access my account.
02-03-2017 02:59 PM
I can see why you'd be unimpressed.
The Vodafone Community Forum is owned and monitored by Vodafone U.K. There is members of the Vodafone Team here who are available to respond and Help where they can. They are easily identifiable as they have the Official Vodafone logo next to their name. All posts are read by them so please hang in there and they'll engage and Help where they can.
02-03-2017 03:20 PM - edited 02-03-2017 03:21 PM
From what you have written, Customer Services have done a lot of unnecessary messing around.
Probably the easiest way to get this sorted now would be to ask live chat to delete all traces of any account information for your number to allow you to register a new account from the beginning using fresh information. This is going to mean a new user name, password and alternative email address, you won't be able to use any information associated with previous accounts.
I appreciate this has already been tried but most probably there was already account information on the system which had not been deleted.
Before setting up the new account, please clear your cookies, PC cache and the My Vodafone Application on the phone. As soon as the new account is set up, the phone application will follow.
If you are using an iphone, you will also need to make sure any back up to your icloud has been deleted.
If issues persists and you have problems with Live Chat, the Team here will be able to help and get your account back online.
02-03-2017 03:25 PM - edited 02-03-2017 03:26 PM
There is absolutely no way i am going back to the live chat option. No matter how many times i told them what had already been tried, or demanded they read the previous conversation transcripts. They always always always, just do a standard password reset and tell me to wait an hour before trying to log on again. They simply don't listen to what they are being told by the customer, and just follow a template troubleshooter. I don't blame them, but its quite clear that they have no span of knowledge or training to resolve the issue outside of their standard approach.
I will not waste my time on that avenue again.
I don't understand why their solution is always for me to make changes, deregister and register, new email address etc.... surely its not beyond the company to make an account work properly! The onus seems to be totally on the customer to fix things without them taking any responsibility.
02-03-2017 03:42 PM
In that case, hang on for the forum team. I've seen this happen in the past and the other thing that seems to matter is waiting 24 hours before setting up the new account, to make sure the old one has been completely purged. If you go in any sooner, it can revive the previous account and mess things up again.
03-03-2017 07:07 PM
07-03-2017 10:41 PM
08-03-2017 07:19 AM
No solution as yet. I'm told the online accounts team is looking into it and it could take another 5-7days for them to update me. So thats rolling into 4 months of constant frustration and wasted time.
If i had to log the hours wasted sorting this out i'd be expecting the next 6months at least free.
14-03-2017 12:27 AM
26-03-2017 07:32 PM
So to update on this absolute farce of a situation dealing with vodafone.... as we ease into month 4 of trying to find a solution... we are presented with the following suggestion.
Note the word 'resolved'.... one slight problem here is that this was the same solution offered 2months ago now.... oh and guess what happens when we followmthe instructions given in this assured resolution problem.
What a remarkable shock!!!! The exact same outcome. I really can't wait to here that if i just hang on another 7-10 days, the vodafone 'technichal' wizardry unit will be right on with solving this issue.
Who wants to take odds on the exact same solution, being offered and failing to work in another month of two???
Anyone from vodafone care to comment on this utterly useless performance?
27-03-2017 01:53 PM
@Mikerobcro We'd like to help further with this to resolve this for you. However to do this we'd need to access your account.
Please respond to the latest email you have from us on 7 March and we'll be happy to help.
© 2017 Vodafone Limited. Registered office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Registered in England No 1471587.