Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Back to front?

uk3g
4: Newbie

I recently joined Vodafone after my details where let loose by Talk Talk. I took out the Red Value Bundle (25gb) over the phone.  After an array of poor customer service within days of taking out the plan, including being advised that my account and SIm card were already registered but no one could identify by whom, I enetered into dialogue via chat with a gentleman called NiteshJ. He was very apologised for what had happened as follows:

NiteshJ:

I'll add some extra data on your account for this inconvenience.

Sam: thank you but i have 25gb of data, so that would be just wasted
NiteshJ:

You're most welcome.

NiteshJ:

Any other query for me?

Sam: I said that I had 25gb of data, so you adding more data would be just wasted
NiteshJ:

Yes, I have not added

Now am I being just stupid here, I a customer tells you adding extra data to their account would just be wasted due to the fact they have a 25gb allowance already, wouldn't common sense be to offer the customer some other alternative but No. My first week with Vodafone is not looking very promising at all.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @uk3g

I agree not a good start for a new customer. 

I get what your saying in regards to the chat transcript. 

After you made it clear that extra Data wouldn't be a help did you then ask what else by way of a Goodwill Gesture could be offered ?

Did you have something in mind that you would find reasonable ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello Lee,

To be honest I was rather suprised by his response. Its was only after the chat had closed that If he was happy enough to give me some extra data, he could have simply just credit my account with whatever that data cost would represent. I knew he couldn;t offer me any more minutes or one of the other extras you get with the plan, ie spotify or sky sports but offering nothing else just surprised me. 

Coupled with the fact that my he kept saying don't worry everything is ok with your account but could explain who or how it had been previously registered, why I received an email an hour after completing my order telling me "as requested we've blocked you number ...... from adult content, when I hadn't even received the sim nor any account details and further why 3 days after receving the sim, I received a text message welcoming me to Vodafone and sending me to the getstarted page!

AnnS

Hi @uk3g

Content Control is always turn on by default.  Vodafone have a duty of care to customers to prevent under 18s accessing unsuitable content.  You could be giving the phone to a minor to use and it is your choice as to whether or not content control remains.  Content Control can can easily be removed by logging into your online account.

Vodafone have directed you to the Getting started page to give you information on setting up an online account and using other services.  I presume you mean the link below.

Getting Started with Vodafone 

Hi Ann,

I think you may not have fully understood the point that I stated. I have no issue with the Content Control or the sending out the getting started link. The point I highlighted was they had sent me the Content Control one hour after I had placed my order, stating that I had requested it and referring to a telephone number which I no clue who it belonged to. They didn't even mention my name in the email they sent, just "Hello". A common sense approach would be to wait until you have received the sim and any supporting documentation and then advise me about the Content Control, T

Turning to the matter of getting started, again one would assume this information would have been delivered up at the same time they sent me the sim card not 3 days after I've already logged into my account. 

AnnS

That is not good @uk3g.  It's not surprising you are questioning the account.

It beggers belief how Vodafone could made that mistake.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@uk3g If you'd like us to look into this further, please follow the steps in the private message I've sent. :smileyhappy:

BandOfBrothers

I agree from reading the transcript it does look a little disjointed @uk3g

I think the point here is that your a new customer who so far has had a poor experience followed by communication that seems not connected to you due to the status of your new account. 

The Online Chat is sometimes manned by overseas callcentres where advice etc can be lost in translation. 

Maybe when you can ring customer services and ask for some support on this. Bear in mind vodafone do utilise overseas callcentres too but do have UK based ones too. 

The Vodafone Team here maybe able to help too when they catch up with your thread. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @uk3g

If you need clarification that everything is in order for your new account, live chat or Customer Services will be in a position to go through the details and clarify things with you.

The messages are automated and with it being a new account, would have content control enabled.  When the SIM was sent out, you have been sent information on getting started.  As a new customer, this would give details on using your device and setting up your new SIM as well as other useful information.

I hope everything is now working for you.