cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Protect has locked my device for no apparent reason!

clairecat2707
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, last night Vodafone Protect locked my phone - I managed to log in via GMail and get a reset pin. However this morning it again locked the device - not sure why!  its a Sony Xperia.  I tried to do what i did last night but it wont let me!  I tried to log in to vodafone protect to release it - but it appears im not registered and so to register they will send a pin by txt - to my phone - which they have locked!!  Can anyway shed onlight on when this is happening!   Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you haven't got a spare phone, see if a Vodafone shop can lend you one for a few minutes so that you can get the text.

I also think I'd be mightily inclined to disable Vodafone Protect once you've got the device unlocked!   I'm sure a lot of people use it successfully but, when there are problems, they do seem to be fairly major :smileymad:.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Not a good situation to be in. 

The two ways I'm personally aware of with trying to clear this type of situation are to

1. Insert the sim card in another phone and request the pin that way. 
  2. Hard Reset which will take the phone back to the last firmware update but will wipe your info. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If you haven't got a spare phone, see if a Vodafone shop can lend you one for a few minutes so that you can get the text.

I also think I'd be mightily inclined to disable Vodafone Protect once you've got the device unlocked!   I'm sure a lot of people use it successfully but, when there are problems, they do seem to be fairly major :smileymad:.

Thanks. Good advice..... 🙂

hrym

I haven't usd Vodafone Protect, so I don't know exactly what it does, but there are other apps that offer protection - AVG, Avast etc.   There are also find and (I think) lock options via your Google account.  Or simply changing your Google password will deny access to anyone who gets hold of the device improperly.